LegacyGT.com

Gonna run the 1/4 mile!

Next week at PIR my girlfriend is gonna take the AUTO 96 Legacy L SOHC on the strip for fun. I'm curious as to what it will do as well. Gonna pull spare tire, passenger seat and backseat out.

Anyone have an idea on what it may run?

Yeah doing it just to have a little fun and see what that 2.2 auto can do :p

As long as you are doing it for fun you will have a great time! Taking it seriously in a slow car would suck almost as much as taking it too seriously in a fast car.:lol:

I love the races - It is a great place to see what other cars can do (particularly ones modded and flogged by their owners!!!).

a guy here in oz ran a 15.6 in his 2.5... i can't imagine the 2.2 would be that much slower... it's only 20kw down on power...?

though it is an auto we're talking about...

my NA suby has run a 14.1 @ 98MPH... :p

I run 89+ all the time in Wisconsin. I get 2-3 mpg better with 93. We have bad winter gas here. Just will make your car run cleaner and bring out a few more pony's hiding. If you want you could run injector cleaner through to clean up them injectors or seafoam if you have the guts to do that.

car isn't tuned for premium, so putting premium in it would be next to pointless...

although, having said that... the higher octane rating can allow the car to run more timing in certain cars... i just don't think the ej22e has variable timing...

edit: the reason for better MPG with a better fuel is that it burns better meaning the ECU pulls out some of the fuel from the motor, making it run leaner... it might net you a few kw/hp... but i wouldn't count on it being noticable

I did do seafoam through the intake manifold using the brake booster vac line also put half of it into a full tank of gas. Smoke show FTW!

Anyways so you're saying the car wouldn't doing anything odd if I tried 92 octane to see if I notice any difference?

The EJ 22 is prone to knock and pulls timing when doing so. My 97 was very knock happy here in hot and humid Fla. A change to premium and a quick computer reset can yeild less knock and more power (or at least lack of timing being reduced )

i never noticed a knock here in AUS... but we run a different tune (our basic fuel is 91 RON, our premiums are 95 and 98 RON)

my car now is tuned for 98 and dies in the ass on anything else... (knock/ping etc)

Pretty much ran the tank dry and put premium in. Didn't notice much until about 15 miles later I took it to a friends house and unplugged the battery and let the ECU reset drove it easy for about 5-10 miles. That 4 grand torque power is much more noticable.

Archived