LegacyGT.com

Sti Special Edition.

Jordan

My dealership just got in 1 of 125 alpine white Sti Special Edition. Man is it sexy I would definitley jump on it but its probably not a great financial decision. If anybody is interested hit me up. I will try to post pictures in a little bit. Thanks. P.S its Stohlman Subaru in Tysons Corner.

Why why WHY do dealeships throw dealer tags on the front of every car?!?!?

People who don't live in states that require a front plate don't need the holes in the bumper covers.

It is just plain stupid for a dealership in DC/MD/VA to assume that every buyer who might like that car would need the front plate.

I almost walked away from my Legacy when I saw that the dummy at the dealership had drilled it out for a front dealer advertising plate, but there were no other QSM Legacys on the lot (or in the area, for that matter) that I could make them swap one off of, and we had already done all of the paperwork. If I had not needed to get out of my trade in a hurry, I would have walked on it.

Most people really dont care about 2 unoticable holes. Exept of course for the high maintnence people. We had a guy complain hardcore about it which was very obnoxious given that we do it all the time and nobody cares. Besides we have to give the 2 temp tags anyway what are we ganna to offer to put one on and then give them the other and then explain the law everytime? Nah.

Most people really dont care about 2 unoticable holes. Exept of course for the high maintnence people. We had a guy complain hardcore about it which was very obnoxious given that we do it all the time and nobody cares.

So if they are unnoticable, can I take a drill and put matching 3/16" holes in the rear bumpers?

Only high maintnence dealership managers would even notice or care.

Your attitude (insulting me and belittling my opinion) is relfective of your maturity.

Besides we have to give the 2 temp tags anyway what are we ganna to offer to put one on and then give them the other and then explain the law everytime? Nah.

Anyone buying a new car has a valid complaint if the dealership damages the vehicle in an unnecessary manner. The dealership has an obligation to issue temp plates and ensure that they are displayed. Whether the front tag is screwed in or held on by zip-ties until permanent single-tag plates are installed is up to the buyer. Further, if I were to buy, I would be transferring my existing tags (as I did when I bought my last 3 vehicles), so no temp tags would be issued.

So tell me again why drilling out every front bumper makes sense...

I actually purchased my car from your exact dealer. The guy selling it to me knew less about Subarus then my GF (and she only picks it up from me talking randomly about it) and had the balls to throw out the 4-square during the sale. The only reason I got it there was I wanted a particular model/year/color that you guys just happen to have left in the area. There was also unfortunately two "unnoticeable" license plate holes in my car as well. I understand the legal aspect but leave that up to the person buying the car. They just spent a ton on the car, the least that could be done is not have holes drilled into their purchase.

-vent over

Archived