LegacyGT.com

clutch master clutch kit

1astrokeit

• 1 month later...
I just install the ClutchMaster FX300 setup with a stock '06 WRX flywheel. I finally took it for a drive yesterday. The pedal is about the same as stock if not lighter. It's easy to engage and drive. The only thing I got this clunk sound sometime when the clutch engages. Only when I'm driving not when I'm parked. What could it be? Is that the chatter people talk about?
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 1 month later...
Yes, it was a loose mount. But, the clucth is very nice. It has a smooth engagement and really holds. It just shows me that my clutch has been slipping for along time. I have never felt my car pull this hard. The pedal is not heavy at all I would recommend this clutch to anyone even stock replacement. I have no chatter at all. I have the stock '06 WRX flywheel and the TSK kit.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Cool. I had a hard time deciding between the FX300 and the Bullyclutch setup that I went with, they seem really similar.

I bumped this thread because someone asked me for a recommendation and I was wondering how yours worked out. So now anyone else who asked me for a recommendation also has to decide between two apparently equivalent clutches. :)

Yes, it was a loose mount. But, the clucth is very nice. It has a smooth engagement and really holds. It just shows me that my clutch has been slipping for along time. I have never felt my car pull this hard. The pedal is not heavy at all I would recommend this clutch to anyone even stock replacement. I have no chatter at all. I have the stock '06 WRX flywheel and the TSK kit.

B - Any reason you didn't go with ACT or Exedy? Also, I've been told that the Tranquill Sleeve Kit also attenuates some of the "gear" noise, that others have had with lightened, or AM FWes, and hardened bushings. Can you comment on that

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

B - Any reason you didn't go with ACT or Exedy? Also, I've been told that the Tranquill Sleeve Kit also attenuates some of the "gear" noise, that others have had with lightened, or AM FWes, and hardened bushings. Can you comment on that

I went with the CM because infamous1 had the ACT with his VF39 and it would slip and I'm making more power then him so it was not an option. I didn't know anyone with the power level that I had with a Exedy and I heard some bad reviews. So for the price CM looked like a good choice. So far I'm happy with it.

I don't see how the quail kit would reduce the noise. It just fixes snout problem. Maybe it's a side effect. I don't know.

Will call CM tech support and see what they have to say. I'm making ~290 / 315 AWHP/TQ right now at 94K miles on stock setup and expect to be at 350/350 by summer's end. Problem is I'm starting to get slip now and I suspect that the FW/CD is glazing with the upgraded power.

The TSK, by it's location on that long snout, would help to attenuate the harmonic vibrations caused by the clutch/input shaft interface at that end of the transmission.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Will call CM tech support and see what they have to say. I'm making ~290 / 315 AWHP/TQ right now at 94K miles on stock setup and expect to be at 350/350 by summer's end. Problem is I'm starting to get slip now and I suspect that the FW/CD is glazing with the upgraded power.

The TSK, by it's location on that long snout, would help to attenuate the harmonic vibrations caused by the clutch/input shaft interface at that end of the transmission.

Well I'm making about 340whp and it's fine so far.

• 1 month later...
I have about 1200 miles on it. It has a small bit of chatter sometime.

Yes, it was a loose mount

Which mount are you talking about? I ask because I hear a clunk now and then.

I'm also interested in buying a clutchmasters setup but on the fence about which one to buy. I have a far commute to work so I don't want driveability issues.

It was the tranny mount. The one closes to the motor. 2 bolts were loose.

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna check mine tomorrow.

In regards to the FX300, is it easy to drive in traffic? Are you happy overall?

Yes I'm happy so far. I drove it for almost 2 hrs in traffic on a 100mi each way trip. About a week ago.

Archived