LegacyGT.com

Oil Analysis

I decided to get a UOA done out of boredom. I'm happy with the results. I typically just buy a 5qt jug of conventional 5w-30 from walmart, but decided to run this since it was around the same price ($2.77x5=$13.85), and MC 5w-20 has always produced some pretty good uoa's.

http://home.comcast.net/~apexigsx/subaru/mcuoa.jpg

Bitog link

http://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1792677#Post1792677

inbeforejoefrompa

You son of a bitch. I was sick and in a grad-school class. I had no chance! :)

UOA looks great. Boring, if you will. The oil you ran could definitely handle another 1-2k miles with those driving habits.

Your silicon is nice and low, showing good air filtration. Same with insolubles and oil filtration.

I agree, this UOA looks totally boring. I would take the intake filter off and throw a handful of sand in there and then do another UOA. I mean, what are we supposed to talk about here if there's nothing to be said?!?

I wish mine were in line like yours :) Such is the benefit of running a 2.5 NA

I have 50k miles on my 08 also and my last oil change was 8200 miles I am a firm believer in checking my oil a lot and making sure it looks good and letting my car warm up for 5 mins before driving it. I sometimes laugh when people do the 3k oil change all the time. I am at 4200 miles since my last oil change which was a little over a month and a half ago. I have checked the oil a bunch and added some. Oil still looks great and is full every time I check it. I run castrol syntec from the subie dealer, which is the only place I let touch it.

PSS how long do the rest of you go??????

Archived