LegacyGT.com

What wheel and rim setups will fit a 1st gen legacy?

I Do! I Do! Excellent question! someone asked me if i was 16 or younger because the way i treat my subaru lol. (I don't blame em) I clarified that i have TWO 1st gen legy's one with a 97 phase 2 engine (Looks exactly like ur wagon, I love the red) which is my rally beater and the other stock one being my DD (dark blue) treated nice!

5X100 means WRX rims and tires will fit!!;) Thank You!

(I should have just tried my friends WRX tires on)

oh and those holes in the sidewalls are not from sliding into anything! There from driving on mountain roads and it's always some stupid stick that gets wedged into my sidewall off a tree or bush or the ground and my friend with WRX tires never has problems or my other buddy with a 1.8L GL turbo, lift and Gnar tires. but that makes sense. my Subi is in good condition.

Awesome :D Then good deal dude! The red one is my rally car too :)

It must look funny down here in FL seeing a stock wagon tackle places

that lifted trucks are too afraid to go.

My RS is my street car.

I was thinking WRX rims on my wagon also. Some 16" rims since 16" tires are cheaper

and they hold up well to bumps and stuff. Much better than these crap-o 14"'s.

agreed on the 16's haha i go to crazy pits and offroad trails here in Washington and serously there will be like 20 gnarly lifted trucks and i'll be the only stock legacy smashing through the same puddles as them! everytime i stop and talk to some dude with a huge lifted truck, they are so stoked and surprised to see a subaru doing what they do. they usually tell me to trail along with there pack and that they'll pull me out if i need it lolz! which i never do! GO SUBI POW!

When you get those rims you should get a set of BF Goodrich A/T's and use the old baseball bat flaring trick for the fenders to make them fit. Then whenever you wanted to hit the street you can switch back to the stock rims and tires and continue doing all your drifting/F&F shit... :lol:

That's what I would do if my Leggy was AWD. Then again, I'd probably fab up some spacers for the struts to jack up the ride height and tweak the tie rods to keep the wheels straight (For the most part). Locking the diffs would also be a priority for a 100% dedicated Legacy mudder. But if you ever took the car back to pavement it would handle like a sled on concrete.

ya that's my problem.

A: Do I want gnar mud tires. possible small lift (no more than a couple inches).

B: WRX 16" rims and tires?

probaly just go for the WRX rims with an aggressive all season tread.

since i usually stick to nice dirt that i can slide around in. I'm not much for rock climbing or any of that slow shit. I like big puddles with no rocks. 50% chance on that lol.

Archived