LegacyGT.com

Bilstein BTS kit group buy...?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

subscribed.

64K and handling has gone away in a hurry(scary for spirited driver) even with white line rear sway.

Interested, but not sure how much bleeding I can take after the brake upgrade.

The research from all parties above is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

I'd rather spend 1700 for a properly engineered and reliable setup like this, than drop 1200 on the other garbage alternatives that seem to wear out very quickly. I've had Bilstein setups on two other cars and the results have been tremendous.

$1.7k is no brainer when you can put new life in a car. Economically beats replacing the car with something else.

So true.

The JDM Bilstein BTS set up transforms our Outback XT cars driving charactor a thousand percent!

Just yesterday mounted a new 4 set of Michelin's MXV4 tire in the Outbacks stock size of 225/55/VR17 removing the M/S Michelins from Colorado. Man,,, the OB is really coming together. Next up,, a small brake refinement; Braided steel lines, ATE brake fluid, HPS pads F&R and new rotors.

Yeah, The BTS suspension kit is pricey however if your planning on keeping the car for a few years.... What's not to like!

I've said it once, I'll say it again. If Bilstein USA would want my OB for a week or so to play around with I'd be glad to drive it up to their N. Carolina facility. The BTS kit transforms this Outback car.... and Bilstein USA would benefit from supporting this.

"Hello Bilstein USA?" Yes this is the pissed off Outback mob calling............!

Someone make the call........

Edited by M. Schneider

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

I'd rather spend 1700 for a properly engineered and reliable setup like this, than drop 1200 on the other garbage alternatives that seem to wear out very quickly. I've had Bilstein setups on two other cars and the results have been tremendous.

Easton, my thoughts also. Ya know,,, why mess with a proven, engineered outcome. The JDM BTS kit is a winner.

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

Here's my summary of the latest on the JDM BTS kits:

• Best price right now is with HKC for $1800 delivered to your USA address, with the possibility of a small refund at the discretion of HKC, dependent on currency and individual actual shipping costs at time of order.

• I have one possibility with a contact in Japan i need to follow up with, but i'm not holding my breath on it being much cheaper. Will post ASAP.

-Branden

I've been revisiting other options available in the US, none of which i believe are comparable to the Bilstein BTS kit:

• KYB GR-2 struts with King Springs: Lifts the car slightly. GR-2s are not optimal (being rated as OE replacement) but King makes nice progressive rate springs.

• Endura-Tech coilovers: supposedly good quality (better than Megan) and will be available in OB specific fitment by mid-year.

• Koni Sport: only the fronts would work (using the cut-a-strut system, which is the Koni insert placed in your stock strut housing); there is no option for the rear and likely will never be from Koni.

-Branden

Mr Schneider, or other, in addition to this kit, what else is required? (tophats, other bits and pieces) Maybe a link, because I know this was discussed elsewhere. But this appears to be the thread where it is coming together. Any chance HKC is including that other stuff? That would go a long way to helping to justify this.

Technically, the 5056 kit includes only the springs and dampers.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114243

In addition to the JDM only Bilstein kit itself required are two Spec'B front top hats, (available at Subaru USA) plus these JDM parts; two Outback speciffic rear top hats and the associated rubber's which top the coil spring. All toll its about $200.00 USD give or take.

A complete part numbers outline posted in this very forum isn't hard to find. There a reader will find part numbers, vendor's, pictures, links, etc.

Cheers, Mike

Edited by M. Schneider

Cheers, Mike

From what I read on this website the difference in ride height between Legacy and Outback comes from both

a) larger wheels on the Outback

b) longer struts

You are correct!!

I have tried to install stock Legacy struts and springs on my Outback and the result:

The springs are pretty much the same length when compared side by side

The strut body is longer

When installed:

Front: it dropped my front end about 2inches (1 finger gap left in front)

Rear: It does fit my stock rear top hats for KYB self-leveling struts and springs..... The stock top hat is matched to the smaller diameter springs designed for the self-leveling struts

Result: I have to re-install everything back and have my car re-aligned again.....

$100 bux down the drain

Just to summarize, generally interested are:

1) rB5

2) proflatlander15

3) tevaburns

4) n888aw

5) bkikawa7

6) easton

7) Diggs753

8) TimGinCentralNJ

9) xls

10) cantona7

11) Imaptient

12) smoker

13) Bimmer

I wasn't sure if the following people were interested in the Bilstein kit or just had questions.

OhBe1?

dschultz?

steph01?

I honestly still have hope we can get Bilstein USA to build us a kit. I don't know how many people they need to make it worth their while.

Post up if you think this list is incorrect, or simply just post a corrected one.

I wasn't sure if the following people were interested in the Bilstein kit or just had questions.

OhBe1?

dschultz?

steph01?

Post up if you think this list is incorrect, or simply just post a corrected one.

I'm just looking to see if it will be available at a great price. Maybe a 60% buyer.

Ditto, but I need to know if this is complete, including top hats, etc.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Just to summarize, generally interested are:

1) rB5

2) proflatlander15

3) tevaburns

4) n888aw

5) bkikawa7

6) easton

7) Diggs753

8) TimGinCentralNJ

9) xls

10) cantona7

11) Imaptient

12) smoker

13) Bimmer

OhBe1?

dschultz?

steph01?

I honestly still have hope we can get Bilstein USA to build us a kit. I don't know how many people they need to make it worth their while.

Edited by DocWRX
I`m in, but cannot post text in reply!!!! Dammit!!

Don't count on me.

I think I have my BR-Racing setup sorted out. I changed the springs in front to 4kg/mm and moved the original front springs to the rear, 6kg/mm. Just tweaking the preload now to about 45% travel in front and 35% in the rear. This will drop me about 1.5" from stock height. I'm waiting on one part to allow rear camber adjustment and then I'll get it all aligned. But so far so good.

Just checking in - sorry for the wait.

I've pretty much gone through all my potential contacts for the JDM BTS kit and the best i can see is the offer from HKC for $1800 shipped to your US address. There is no group buy. If you are interested, contact HKC directly.

As for my involvement, i'm going to step out for a moment but i certainly hope that the collective here will crack this thing and get some decent suspension options in the USA for us!

I'm bailing out too, going to sell the OBXT.

So I have a set of unopened parts needed to install the BTS kit.

the spec-B front tops, the dust caps, the rear boots & tops.

Anyone want them? was around $200 for it all, make me an offer.