LegacyGT.com

launching question

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That made no sense. lol. AWD would need a higher rev to spin then a RWD car with what? 500-600WHP?

:spin: the point was spinning your tires is dumb and dangerous. launching is a formula: fast acceleration + TRACTION!!! = good launch... fast acceleration + spinning tires = dumb and expensive

If you really want to launch like a Drag Car find a leg with an auto put both pedals to the floor until about 2000-2500 and pick up ur left foot.

That is assuming you don't give a F*ck about your car and wana feel cool, which is not what subaru is about. If you want to break shit for no reason GO BUY A FORD!!!

I still think any ford is better than a front drive gm car. I beat the piss out of my mustang and I have t broke anything in the past 4 years. Ive owned it for 6. 11.18 was my best time with 150 shot of spray. I really think it's bullet proof! If any of you are going to launch your awd like that, video tape it for us. Laughter is the best medecine!!

ya seriously i wanna see some of your launches

I sure hope your not refering to me! I would never launch my car like that! I was simply explaining a basic method used in drag racing with a trans-brake. Which could be accomplished, to an extent, if you wanted to launch an A/T vehicle. By no means a good idea; plus with a beat down motor like mine and leaking trans. I aint going no where fast anyways.

:lol: rx7's dont have a redline pursay or a rev limiter so when i had mine i would drop the clutch between 10 and 12k....beat that. or better yet when i have my 06 zx6r i would drop it at around 16k :lol:

^QTF. I saw OneBadBG drop the clutch at 16k myself. He did a backflip then took off.10.9 1/4.

i have launch control setup in my car for 5.5k rpm (redline is 7.5k on the ez30)

i don't sidestep the clutch, but i let it out fast enough that i chirp the front wheels... so far it's been good for a 1.9 60' time at the drags...

i've seen sti's sidestep the clutch at 6k, spin all four wheels and rack up a 1.6 60' time...

you can give these guys shit, but it is the fastest way to launch your car (and kill it lol)

if the tires are spinning then your car is not launching as fast as it could. you dont see top fuel drag cars spinning their tires upon launch. you wanna know why.....CAUSE ITS FASTER NOT TO SPIN TIRES! *sigh* and yes, awd + spinning tires = broken something.

:lol: rx7's dont have a redline pursay or a rev limiter so when i had mine i would drop the clutch between 10 and 12k....beat that. or better yet when i have my 06 zx6r i would drop it at around 16k :lol:

haha I watched a youtube clip of a Rx7 doing that (back when I did not know they had no rev limter) boy was it a sight to see lol

if the tires are spinning then your car is not launching as fast as it could. you dont see top fuel drag cars spinning their tires upon launch. you wanna know why.....CAUSE ITS FASTER NOT TO SPIN TIRES! *sigh* and yes, awd + spinning tires = broken something.

Actually...there's a little bit of spin... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL_6dDCCHlg]YouTube- Drag racing - Super Slow Motion[/ame]

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

yeh, i'm not talking about like "BRAAAAAP BRAAAAAAAP" wheel spin...

i'm talking about like possibly one full rotation of the wheel (or less) before it hooks up and gets the hell out of the traps...

they wouldn't be getting 1.6 60' times if they were launching wrong...

edit: besides which, if you don't slightly spin some or all of the wheels in an AWD, it bogs down... i know mine does unless it chirps the fronts

one benifit of AWD is that even with the tires spinning you still have more traction than almost any RWD or FWD vehicle, its undeniable! So, spinning the tires may be bad but you will still launch like a bat outa hell if you manage to get that much power to the ground... Just my 2 cents.

Archived