LegacyGT.com

launching question

one benifit of AWD is that even with the tires spinning you still have more traction than almost any RWD or FWD vehicle, its undeniable! So, spinning the tires may be bad but you will still launch like a bat outa hell if you manage to get that much power to the ground... Just my 2 cents.

what if your on the track next to another awd vehicle... would you wanna spin your tires then. and just because your rwd or fwd doesnt mean you cant launch quicker than an awd vehicle. its all in the tires, suspension, and the driver. i gotta buddy that has a crx that runs high 9's and its still fwd.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what if your on the track next to another awd vehicle... would you wanna spin your tires then. and just because your rwd or fwd doesnt mean you cant launch quicker than an awd vehicle. its all in the tires, suspension, and the driver. i gotta buddy that has a crx that runs high 9's and its still fwd.

Im not saying wheelspin is good, but what i was trying to say is that, by nature an awd car will have more traction because it has double the amount of surface putting power to the road than a 2wd. granted it does make a MAJOR differance if youve dumped 10 g's in a car to make it launch like a drag car.

Archived