LegacyGT.com

will this fit?

Why not just get a cheap T5 or something in the mean time.

Swapping a T5 for a T56 later would be easier than converting from an automatic.

That way the clutch pedal box, the shifter, the clutch itself and flywheel, will already be in place.

You have to change all that stuff, going from Auto to Manual.

you know what, thats a good point. I had overlooked the t5 for the most part because i know it cant handle but so much power. But by the time i blow it up, maybe ill have enough for the t56, lol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you know what, thats a good point. I had overlooked the t5 for the most part because i know it cant handle but so much power. But by the time i blow it up, maybe ill have enough for the t56, lol

The t5 is cheap to work on, even if you do jack it up, get a service manual pull it apart and replace what needs to be replaced.

• 1 year later...

its goin slowly but surely

everything fit in perfectly, now ill be in wiring hell for a little while and gotta right up the fuel system and accessories

i need to drill and tap a few mounting holes for the fbody alternator bracket and whatnot....the trucks mounting points wont clear the hood. also, gonna have to get the fbody waterpump and crank pulley to work with the bracket, the trucks pump and crank pulley assembly sit out about an inch further than the camaro jank

Nice, glad to see its still going. It takes time with projects like these and the ability to not lose interest, I am just starting to work on the Typhoon i just picked up and i know it will be atleast 2 years before its finished.

nice. being a pretty diehard 4cyl guy and just as diehard 240 guy, something in me says that i would never do something like that but i'm sure glad someone does. carrol shelby would be proud.
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived