LegacyGT.com

flashed my car to stg1 with ap..now i dont have a rev limiter?

Jimmy78

They may tune the AP for a softer rev limit than stock. They've probably got the throttle backing off as the limit approaches to go along with cutting fuel. They can also have it wait for the rpms to drop more before restoring power.

That said, it's not a good idea to bounce off the rev limiter -- especially while sliding the car sideways in gear.

When you hit the rev limiter, the parameter Infamous talks about tells the ECU when to start the fuel again. Say you hit a limiter at 7000. The parameter can tell it to wait till rpms fall to 6800 before starting fuel again. That number can be set to anything so it's up to the tuner as to how long you'll wait without power.

I bumped my limiter to 7150 just in case I was a bit slow on the shift and I've never hit it again.

When you hit the rev limiter, the parameter Infamous talks about tells the ECU when to start the fuel again. Say you hit a limiter at 7000. The parameter can tell it to wait till rpms fall to 6800 before starting fuel again. That number can be set to anything so it's up to the tuner as to how long you'll wait without power.

I bumped my limiter to 7150 just in case I was a bit slow on the shift and I've never hit it again.

No that is just the normal limiter, the table I am refering to is boost based. So if you hit the limiter, fueling will not resume until the boost level is below the entered value.

Sorry about that. When you said "rev limit fuel resume" I assumed you were speaking of the rev limit.

Same principle applies though -- no power till the parameter falls below a specified value.

Besides, I find it hard to believe anyone on a stock turbo could possibly be hitting high boost at redline in first!

once you hit the rev limit fuel is cut.

fuel resume happens after both 1) the engine speed is below the lower rev limit and 2) boost has fallen below the fuel resume boost pressure.

even if you bring the fuel cut and fuel resume speeds close together, bumping the rev limiter will still be quite violent if the fuel resume boost pressure is low compared to the boost target at redline.

Have tried several things and just noticed one thing, the "bog" happens at WOT and close to 6.8K but if I am not WOT, I get the regular Rev limiter higher in the band at the 7.2K or there abouts. Can't find anything in the tables that would cause this.

Archived