LegacyGT.com

any way to move the seats further back?

Pillboy gangsta lean FTW. lol

Seriously though, I'm 6'5" and with my seat all the way back and sunk all the way down, I'm perfectly comfortable. I don't know of anyway to get more room other than to take the seat out and permanently mount it at the right distance back for you.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Couldn't you just get some strips of metal - say 1/8" thick, 1" wide and whatever the distance between the front and rear seat holes is, and create an offset bracket? Drill some holes in the metal - one for the seat and one for the floor?

^^^^ what he said. I'd use something a little more substantial than 1/8" thick, but you could probably go to a fabrication shop and ask them to make something for you that you could bolt in place of the current location and have them weld some studs on the new strip and you could then slide the seat down on them.... only problem there is if you are in an accident and ANYTHING doesn't work right (i.e. airbag, seatbelt) Subaru and your insurance are gonna leave you high and dry. My main concern would be how moving the seat would affect your seat belt location and reaction against your body.

I'm 6'3 btw and don't put mine all the ay back, but obviously some people have longer legs, some are more Michael Phelpish with the long torso....

• 1 year later...
bump for something I'm going to find out about soon. I'm 6'4 and need to go back another click or two to get my legs happy. Going to pull out the seat to see what can be made to fit.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

I have the manual seats.

My hope is to find enough material left in the upper slider rails to drill holes behind the existing ones in #11 and #19.

http://static.opposedforces.com/epc_img/366495164005.png

I also know a guy who can do excellent TIG welding, and a machinist who might be able to make new parts if simple enough and if needed. Point being I really want to get this done, if reasonable enough to do so. I'm not getting aftermarket seats for a while, and to me the only real problem with the stockers is the weight and the too-firm headrest (I've had more concussions than most). Racing seats will probably wait until I find myself doing track laps on weekends, so the side supports are fine for me for now. I can be bothered to do the odd oblique contraction once in a while :lol:

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Definitely interested. Would this work on the power seats too? I'm OK on the driver side but for some reason the passenger side doesn't have nearly as much leg room.

I have no idea about the power seats, or even if there is a solution this simple for the manual seats. The whole point of CAD is to design things without any extra, just the right amount needed for X safety factor, which is probably very high on seats. But I look forward to finding out. There is definitely less foot room on the passenger side, but I don't ever sit there, at least not enough to make it of significant concern.

Archived