LegacyGT.com

mickeyd stage 1

quick4dr

The timing is conservative, fueling AFRs as well, and the IAM initial starts at 0.7. I don't see a reason why you couldn't especially if you don't do any WOT pulls. Lets see what everyone else thinks.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

also stage 1 on 5eat based off the same map, and have had to use 'inferior' gas, both times while data logging, and didn't notice anything.

Typical highway driving for the most part. No WOT, but didn't really hold back :)

Felt fine, nothing in the logs...

1/4 of a tank once, full tank the other time. I did burn it all off (or as close as I could) before refilling with 93 ... not that it probably matters?

fwiw...

It really depends on the car. Mickey's tune is kinda like an ots map. He really intended for you to use it as a base map and customize it for your car, fuel, etc. You should be logging your car and seeing how it is doing on the tune now. In an emergency you can use a lower grade of fuel. But, you need to stay in closed loop (off boost) until the car can be logged and verified safe, or fuel is returned to normal. Most likely if you used lower grade feul than what the car is tuned for you will get knock.

93 is not safer if that is what the car is tuned for. Only works that way if you were tuned for 91 and now use 93.

ive recently gone stage 1 and ive been loving it. i only use 93 octane, is that what his maps are designed for? i wont use 92 or 91, but if i got stuck is it safe to use?

If you are stuck, your stuck. Run the best you can. If there is E85 available when you are in a spot with 91 being the best pump gas you can get, splash in 2-3 gallons of E85 during your fill.

I haven't reviewed Mickey's stg 1 map, but if its like most stg1 maps, I'm sure you are fine on 91. I'd just drive easy on it until you get better gas in the tank...

Archived