LegacyGT.com

05 LGT Factory ROMs

NSFW

My 05 LGT came with A2WC510N.

If I recall correctly, A2WC521C is the most recent revision. (EDIT: No, it isn't, see post #4.)

Is that correct?

Anyone know what changes were made between the two revisions?

I remember reading something about a neutral switch fix for cars that were dropping out of cruise control, but that's all.

(EDIT: the change from 521 to 522 adds the neutral switch change to the MT ROMs, however that turned out to be a hardware problem, not a software problem.)

Thanks!

That's right, there was a 500N, 510N, 521N and 522N.

I expect that most of the changes are minor (someone who is enterprising can compare all of them ), but one of the changes was the dropping of the fuel pressure sensor on the auto cars - there is a TSB that lays out the details.

• 1 year later...

I just stumbled on this thread while looking up some ROM info for someone else, and I figure I might as well add to it and correct the first post.

A2WC522N is indeed the latest for the 05 LGT 5MT.

A2WC521C, which I mentioned in the first post, is actually for the 05 LGT 5EAT.

And just for the sake of completeness, the latest revisions for the 05 Outback XT are A2WC522S (MT) and A2WC521R (AT).

I don't really know, other than the 521-to-522 thing I mentioned in the first post.

I compared an LGT MT ROM to an OXT MT ROM byte-for-byte and most of the changes are just in the ROM ID itself. There were a few other bytes that changed, but I don't know what those bytes do.

I have been spending a bunch of time reverse-engineering my ROM over the last several months (maybe a year now) and while I think I understand most of what matters for performance tuning, that probably only accounts for about 15% of what's in there. The rest is just unknown.

Archived