LegacyGT.com

07, Front end damage?

Canadiain

My 97 is finally about to have the "DNR" notice put on and have the plug pulled after 230000 km (canadian miles eh)...leaky gas tank, too expensive to fix.

I have an eye on a 2007 wagon with 82k km, and a decent price, but its had two front end crashes to a total of $10k ($7 and $3k) repairs. It seems to track well, doesnt have any obvious issues ( a bit of rust where the bottom support plate was tack welded on), but what does everyone think about long term issues?

What is the price of this car for sale? I can give you a Canadian price impression.

15.5k, seemed reasonable to me for what it is. Just worried about the long term implications of the two front end prangs. Its an SE auto wagon BTW.

Way too high.

My 2005 GT wagon in manual (WITH TURBO) with 62k km's will sell on the street for about 19K. And that's in the Vancouver area which doesn't salt the roads, etc.

Yours has seen $10K in crashes, and has more Km's. And I believe the SE version you are talking about is the 'non-turbo' version with leather and sunroof.

If it's the non-turbo version, it should be $5K less, in my opinion, due to the claims.

Problem is Im not in vancouver, so I have to go by what they sell for around here:)

The local sube dealer has nothing less than 20k.

SE is cloth with sunroof and fogs, non turbo. I hate leather.. too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter(although the heaters help) and scuffs up with the kids seats on it:(

Other similar age / mileage units are typically 18+k or more:(

I wasnt actually asking for pricing comments, just the likely long term impact of the front end repairs;)

I only mentioned Vancouver as used car prices are generally higher here than any where else in the country. Generally.:)

Plus a Subaru dealership will have used Subarus priced higher than any other used car lot or private sale.

I've never walked away from used cars with accident claims in the past, but the price was always justified as it was lower enough from a unmolested model to make it worth it.

If you think the 15.5K is a large enough gap from an unmolested model in the same parameters, then go for it.

I'd buy it and expect it to give you lots of years with little to no extra trouble. Just don't expect to re-sell it then for any normal amount.

Archived