LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing Down Pipe

SATSFYD

I have a MR TBE. On the car for 30k, the DP is a pretty rusted but no problems. I had Boostjunkie install it with no probs. Then again I only paid $120 for it so I cant complain.

HP Gains: I got 15 AWHp and 20 lbs torque with no tune (That was for full TBE). I posted the Dyno sheet about 3 years ago. I cn find it if you like?

My $0.02

Infamous Tuned

Don't believe everything you read on forums...I have had an MR UP and DP since 3/08. No problems, issues, etc...it was installed properly with new gaskets.

Now I would not touch their coilovers but the Pipes are solid...

Rehab is for quitters.

I'm having issues finding the megan DP thread I was thinking of. Pictures of the bellmouth to flange welds with holes all the way through in some spots.

Next best thing is probably this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1937581&postcount=270

The UP issues are fairly well documented on these forums. My personal experience came from having it installed by people who literally do this type of thing every day as their job (Steve's Pacific Import Auto). They commented that it was really low quality and required 2 gaskets to get it to seal because the flange was bending when they'd tighten it.

You get what you pay for, so there's probably no need to keep beating the horse. Not everything is perfect. The invidia DP I use is known for having a separator on the bellmouth that sometimes needs to be ground down to prevent hitting the flapper on the turbo.

I guess we should all get forum lessons from LosAngelesLGT...seems to be forum king. A Megan Racing pipe is a Megan Racing pipe...is it not? Point made...they suck period, uppipe, downpipe doesn't matter the company sucks.

You should see the pix of the DP they shipped with a hole in it and took months to replace. All boostjunkie (Megan vendor) would talk about was "Megan racing high quality" :lol::lol: He doesn't even post here anymore. Now he is on nasioc.com like the stuff over here never happend.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived