LegacyGT.com

Got some new enkies today!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I'm just someone that knows a crap repair job when he see's one. The paint is just an indicator. Either the back half or the front half of your car has been repainted, most likely as a result of an accident. It's very clear in your other photos:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/thrty5thsc/photo-3.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/thrty5thsc/photo-4.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/thrty5thsc/photo-5.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/thrty5thsc/photo-7.jpg

I think the photos speak for themselves. There's a clearly defined difference between the front half and the back half on BOTH sides.

If you actually knew how CarFax works you'd know how laughably easy it is to keep bad reports out of it. It is by no means a fail-safe indicator of whether the car has been in a collision or not and as a result, it's always good to have your car checked by a Subaru dealer. They know these cars inside and out and will be able to tell you if anything is wrong. If you got over yourself with the thinking that you know everything about what you're about to buy, you would have seen this.

Thanks for the accusations for being a stalker by trying to call out something you were in complete denial about. It wasn't needed or appreciated, but definitely indicates your level of maturity. Get over yourself, dude. You're the one with a mismatched car that you have NO clue why it even exists.

Anyway, it's not the color matching I'm worried about. It's the reason they had to match a color in the first place. Was it in an accident? How well was it repaired? These are questions you should be asking since they directly impact your safety. I've seen some shoddy repair jobs, and if they were actually in another accident it would be very bad (personal safety and insurance wise). This is my last comment to you, but just know that you may be ignoring a potentially serious problem.

Hero, lolz. I'm providing factual comments with evidence to back up my claims, something this entire forum is severely lacking. What've you done? Socialize about how you've also got a carfax? :lol:

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." - Plato.

Hello, this forum is for talking about our cars and what we have problems with, how we like them, whatever we want to talk about. I'm not the only one on here socializing but at least I'm posting something that someone cares to read and isn't getting frustrated about. The only one in theses forums that seems to make people mad is you, there is a fact for you.

Lol! This dudes crazy! I'm 34 years old dude. I can't even tell you how many cars I have bought and sold. I spent an hour looking at this car before I handed the cash over. When I looked at this car, I made the dealer put it on a lift. I pulled the carpet back from the sides of the trunk and all that. The door jams are strait as can be. The strut towers are perfect. Not a scratch on the frame rails. I know what I bought and what I have. This car will be painted quicksilver again by march. My brother has had a reputable body shop for 15 years. And to everyone else thanks for the support in these tuff times. And when someone calls themselves wise, you have to wonder why. It's not my first rodeo. Have a good day everyone!!!

Im soooooo sick of slick and his internet white knight syndrome. He preaches to EVERYONE about EVERYTHING they do or say or ask for... What a tool.. Quick, I like the car. Looks good! If it drives straight, etc etc who cares? Paint can be fixed! That hood would drive me nuts though. lol. Looks like you got an all-in-all good ride!

:yeahthat:

so to bring it back to earth, anyone have any ideas about enkies that i should look into? thinking about 17", 18 might push it too much in the wells. and tires! gotta find a good set.

and quiksilver, i'm still loving yours, but i don't know if i could rock those on my gt haha

Thanks guys! That's not a dent in the hood, that's her dimple. Hahhah!! As far as I know 18's will fit. I got 17's so I could have a taller tire. Then you you still have good a good ride. I like my wheels. Everyone likes different styles, and that's a good thing. Otherwise all our cars would look the same.

My car rides like a dream! Smooth as smooth can be. I can do 75 on the highway and let go of the wheel and hit the brakes with no pull either way.

I am happy with it. I have a 01 Concorde lxi that my wife drives and an 11 second 86 mustang and my legacy is my favorite for sure!!

i'd bet! the legacy drives far better than any other car i've ever driven. just drove my friend's 02 focus today, and it's like night and day. his was loud, rough, not very composed, basically not focused :p would like to replace the snowflake rims though; wish they made them in 17 or 18" for some more performance oriented tires. love the style, not the size

Lol yeah I've never really been in many different cars. Two of my friends have Outbacks, one has a Mercedes ML320, another drives a Suburban, another has a Jeep Grand Cherokee, there aren't very many cars where I live. There are just a ton of Subarus and SUVs.

blah blah blah... you guys can talk all you want. I am simply supplying pretty legitimate facts, whether you guys want to deal with them or not is up to you. Quick, the whole reason I brought it up was to check if you knew that your car had been repainted, as it could indicate a prior collision (which you might want to check the quality of repair since it wasn't on the carfax obviously). Not only did you not know about it, you blindly denied it. That's not even ignorant, that's stupid. I like to at least know what has happened to my car, and I figure fellow enthusiasts (if that's really what you call yourself considering you don't care about the condition of your car because it "drives good") would like the same. It's obvious that inference was wrong.

Knowing what I do now though you should totally get 10K HID's and put some H&R Race springs in. Don't worry, it can handle the drop as long as you run -4 degrees camber. That would look totally "awesome".

Archived