LegacyGT.com

Suggestions for struts

dr_sharp

So it seems like I'm going to need to purchase a new strut to replace the one that was damaged when installing springs. I checked the price and it is $400... I'm not even sure if that is for the bilstein or if its standard GT strut. Furthermore, this is the type of part that should be replaced as a pair, if not all 4 at the same time, so I'm now considering purchasing aftermarket struts.

Does anyone have suggestions on good shocks to go with Tein H Techs?

Thanks

lol

I have heard way too many coilover people complain on how they wish they didn't do coilovers for street use. So many complaints on ride quality issues, etc. If you are not running on the track I would go with Bilstein HD's or find some Bilstein takeoffs from a JDM Legacy GT or Spec.B. I'll have a status report after I get them and have them installed on my car.

I have heard way too many coilover people complain on how they wish they didn't do coilovers for street use. So many complaints on ride quality issues, etc. If you are not running on the track I would go with Bilstein HD's or find some Bilstein takeoffs from a JDM Legacy GT or Spec.B. I'll have a status report after I get them and have them installed on my car.

What about all the people who use the Bilsteins then change to decent coilovers and say the ride quality is much better?? :eek::p

I went with some Megan coilovers and they are really nice. Picked them up used and put new inserts and dustboots on them. Still playing with the adjustments and figuring out where I like them.
BE committed to DO what it takes to HAVE more of what you want in your life!!!

Thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered the Bilstein HDs. I shipped them quick since my car is stranded on jacks in a friend's driveway. I hope to fix things up on Wednesday evening and then finish the rears on Saturday morning.
lol

Archived