LegacyGT.com

Amps/Speakers/Subs/Cleansweep or 360.1 into a 08 spec.B

elib

This is going to take a while, but I'm going to put my old stereo into my new spec.B. I like the head unit enough to stick with it and try a Cleansweep or 360.1 and see how it does.

The amps are RF, 2x250 for the subs and 2x125 for the mids/highs.

MB quart seperates for the front doors, and I'll probably just drop the back door speakers. Or possibly just leave them hooked up and fade the stereo all the way to the front speakers. That way if I ever need them they are still there.

I was thinking about doing a custom box for 1 10" on the side of the trunk but I put my JL Audio power wedge into the trunk and it fit SOOOOO well... I may just use it for a while and see where I end up. Save $$ by reusing.

All of this is installed in my old volvo so I'm going to start ripping it out tomorrow once I find my allen wrenches :)

I'm going to see if I can do it with just buying the cleansweep and re-using all the existing wiring etc.

I will be attempting a amp rack above the spare however.

I'll post updates as I go.

- Eli

i think most hardest part is route a power cable from eng bay and rewire speaker wire (true me, it makes a big diff!!) .

i have both MBq RSI216 and PVI216. RSI fit perfectly but PVI is just slightly bigger, won't fit in unless you modified the spacer. i love both series of speaker, they all sound very "true" and clear, especially at mid-high range, bass is little bit flat to someone but i love it! PVI has smoother/richer mid-low compare with RSI.

do you have oem sub on the rear deck?

mark

Hrmmm, pretty sure I don't have a stock sub. You have the Macintosh stereo on your 09 right? The 08 still had the crappy 100w stereo.

I'm not excited about the power cable but it looks like the grommet behind the intercooler isn't that bad of a spot.

I'm not looking forward to getting into the doors. I should order some replacement clips since I'm sure I'll break many :)_

I'm not sure which MBq speakers I have any more. That was many moons ago that I put them in there.

do what i am in the process of doing...i bought an audiocontrol lc8i, and am seling it on ebay, didnt bother installing...buy an aftermarket head unit of your choice and either mount it in the glovebox, or in the cubby with the avo single din kit and run all new wires and just tap into the power/ground/ignition and dont touch the factory stereo/wiring...that way if you go back to stock, you take out old speakers and wiring if you choose to, and jus plug stock speakers back into the stock wiring...

woofer unit with yellow spider, it's RSI. unit with red spider, it should be PVI. reason you probably want to know its serie is because PVI doesn't fit the original spk hole (6" 1/2 vs 6"5/8). it also doesn't fit my 6.5 spk spacer.

mine came with harman kardon 9spk.

i'm kinda agree with lil_z_33 - leave your stock HU there. it's not that bad actually. what i do is replaced the HK amp under passenger side seat and wire from the amp to front speakers.

about your idea to place your amp above spare tire, i think it's look-finished and stock after! but i heard someone here had his amp at the same spot and mention his amp 's went overheat (suddenly no sound for few seconds and realised it was the overheat protection ..). i'm not sure how hot/cold the weather on your town. but i'm at south of texas! personally, i believe the best place for amp is under the passenger side seat where has 2 a/c vents right aside the seat rails!

pls keep posting your work here, thx : )

Yes, definately not replacing the stock HU yet. I should be getting my XM module for it today or tomorrow. It gets into the 100s here in Tahoe so I will keep heat in mind, although I need at least three channels and currently am planning on using 3 amps so I'm not sure if under the seats will work.

I'm also realizing that I should just leave the speakers in the old car since the tweeters are in the dash. i'm not looking forward to pulling the dash and the doors.

If you're going to go with some type of line out conversion, the 3Sixty.2 is VERY good. I would suggest not going with a .1 due to less equalization and filter options. With a 3Sixty.2, you can EQ your car for very good results, but still below where you'd get with a high end aftermarket deck.

• 4 months later...

Ok, finally around to doing something about tunes in my car. It's in the shop right now, decided to let them do it rather than doing it myself.

I'll post some pics later, but here is what's going in:

Zapco seperates

2x125 Fosgate Amp

2x250 bridged to 1x500 Fosgate Amp for subs

JL Audio power wedge with 2x 10w3's in it.

Also getting the windows tinted. Hopefully I pick it up today and I'll post some pics soon!

Ok, finally got the car back. All I can say is WOW.

I'm digging the 360.1, don't really think I'm missing anything that the .2 has.

The Zapco red reference seperates are awesome and the front doors are soundproofed.

The whole system is tuned very well and sounds great. The control knob for the 360 and the bass knob for the sub amp are mounted in the door to access the fuses inside the car. So far I've been using the volume on the head unit and it sounds fine to me, I'll probably stick to that. We tuned the system with the head unit set to 30 so it sounds good at high volume. I'm really digging the bass know and being able to adjust the gain on my sub amp so easy.

The stereo shop built a nice rack to go on top of the spare. I had to remove the handle/hanger to get the floor to lay quite flat.

I did a "Crystalline" tint on the front windows and 20% on the backs.

I'll wash it and take some pictures tomorrow.

Projects still to go:

1) Backup camera

2) Video source, possibly small DVD player under the passenger seat. I have a DVD player that plays divx files and runs on 12v. I just need to get the right size plug and make a new cable. Also considering taking my old xbox, taking the parts out of the big case and making a more compact box that could go under the passenger seat. That would have the benefit of an internal hard drive to store media and you can play games! On the long road trips you could play GTA while you drive. ;)

elib, the 3Sixty.1 and 3Sixty.2 are exactly the same thing, just with different settings from firmware.

As someone who has tuned a lot of cars, it's night and day difference. If you ever come to MA, I'll baseline your car with my RTA equipment, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I have a cleansweep. Used for 1 year in my 2008 5EAT LGT. I don't need it anymore as the car was rear ended and is being parted out. I have the CS, wiring harness, remote volume knob(s) instructions and cd. Everything but the box. If interested I will sell CHEAP. Shoot me a PM.

Sorry for the threadjack. If I read correctly the OP still needs the CS or 360.1.

elib, the 3Sixty.1 and 3Sixty.2 are exactly the same thing, just with different settings from firmware.

As someone who has tuned a lot of cars, it's night and day difference. If you ever come to MA, I'll baseline your car with my RTA equipment, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Hrmmmmmm

Wonder if you can put 3sixty.2 firmware on the .1

I would love to see this thing baselined!

elib, there is no firmware difference, I said different settings.

Rockford can issue a code that will upgrade it to a 3Sixty.2. It is an IDPROM difference.

If you call rockford support, and beg them (and maybe pay them), they can give you the code.

I got a audiocontrol lc6i right now. I'm running 4 x pioneer 4-way 6.5 in the doors with a 4x 100w amp and a mono 150w amp to a 10" fosgate mounted in the floor. But, sometime the right channel goes out on the lc6i. I pick up a 360.1 from a member and I get a high pitch whine when I hook it up. Anyone have this problem with their 360? Sorry if this is thread jacking.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived