LegacyGT.com

My 315WHP Legacy!

so i'm driving down a blvd earlier this evening, when i see a Mitsubishi Eclipse (couldn't tell what year, older model, probably 97?) with a fartcan and all kinds of neon gauges. we get to a red light and i catch the eye of his cutie girlfriend sitting shotgun. so we take off and my brother says "take this dildo". so we get up to about 45 and he starts trying to pull on me, so i pull right back. before you know it, we're at 100mph and i've got him by about 2 lengths.

we get to the next red light, his girl's smiling at me, the guy's jaw is dropped about a foot wide, and he's got this scared look on his face. apparently his car is turbocharged, and he tells me it's got 315WHP. I said "wow, i've only got 250, and i walked you." he says "yah, ..."

i got on an onramp and lost him.

Racing downtown through stop lights at 100 mph? Sorry... you don't get cool points from me for that. I'm sure that breaks your heart, but its just not cool. Don't come back posting about how unfair the cops are when you get pulled over for doing something stupid like that sometime. Its cooler to post that you got reved on and you knew you could take him so you just let him go because you don't need to get in a unit measuring contest.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I've found that all the Eclipse and Eclipse-like types react with something between awe and anger when a wagon beats them off the line. I'm not the 100mph-in-town type, but I think it's great to beat them to 60 on a stop-lighted highway and watch them blow by a few seconds later to make a point.

Racing downtown through stop lights at 100 mph? Sorry... you don't get cool points from me for that. I'm sure that breaks your heart, but its just not cool. Don't come back posting about how unfair the cops are when you get pulled over for doing something stupid like that sometime. Its cooler to post that you got reved on and you knew you could take him so you just let him go because you don't need to get in a unit measuring contest.

OC, don't worry, it wasn't through a downtown area, it was out in more west "rural" ish Omaha. i have no idea why stoplights are even on this road. don't worry, not being called cool on the internet won't make my cry either. i just thought the idea of him claiming 300+ horses after he JUST got whooped by a family sedan was humorous.

I don't street-race either, ever. This was only the second time something like this has happened in the 6 months i've owned the car.

all others: i shoulda pulled a Wooderson from Dazed & Confused

"Well you oughta ditch the geek you're in the car with now, but that's okay..."

OC' date=' don't worry, it wasn't through a downtown area, it was out in more west "rural" ish Omaha. i have no idea why stoplights are even on this road. [/quote']

Rural-ish Omaha is the sticks. It is either new cardboard cookie-cutter suburbs, or its corn feilds. There are a lot of streets around there with stoplights, and nothing but agriculture for several miles radius.

At least it wasn't State Street, and you didn't launch yourself over the berm and into a line of trees, like a few "youts" almost a decade ago.

What part of the Big-O was this, more specifically?

Can't be too harsh on ya for smokin' a local yocal in a riced out Mitsu, in the middle of nowhere.

For all of you who don't live in flyover country... It may be hard for you to imagine a city street or two lane road out in the middle of BFE. For those of us here, it is a common occurence, and we think nothing of it.

Not that there is a huge difference in the minds of many but perhaps Rexmobbin' could have called it more of a road race than a street race. I live in Missouri and we have similar roads/streets. Unlike other more densley populated parts of the country we often have no traffic even in the middle of the day. Not that this sort of activity ahould be condoned for public streets and roads, but many times you could around here you can go run your car and risk no one but yourself.

Elkhorn? Yeah. That's the sticks. No offense. Any further west and you'd be in Valley. now THAT is really sticks. I know there are some punks who drive like maniacs out there.

My wife is originally from Fontanelle, near Fremont. (they'd need to get a few hundred more people to be considered "living in the sticks." It'd triple their population.) and I lived there for a few months while doing a job, and where I met her. I know the area pretty well for a non-native. (I went to H.S. in south west Iowa, and College in Blair, NE and Ames, IA)

I can vouch for the fact that on a normal day, there likely wasn't any traffic on some of those roads. All day. Maybe all week, depending on the actual road. (I'm not exaggerating... much. really.)

I'd be interested to see this mythical 315 Front-WHP dyno plot proof from the ricer you smoked. I didn't know that kids in Omaha made enough money to build cars that fast... /sarcasm.

I am sure you 0wned him, Rex. He won't be underestimating all the white grandpa 4 door sedans he sees, since he got taken back to school. :D

Man, if we couldn't engage in a little mildly irresponsible driving out in the boonies here, I know I would die of boredom half way to any given destination! We have all of these empty miles of pavement... someone has to put them to some kind of use! ;) That is one reason why my future legacy has to have a turbo. To keep me entertained enough not to go mind-numb from the long straight roads here.

Archived