LegacyGT.com

NO cat back for second gen lgt?!?!

Hey again everyone.

I have a 97 lgt 5mt and I have been searching for an aftermarket cat back exhaust for months, and I have only found 2, one by jic magic for over $700, and one by magnaflow for over $500. I don't want to pay that kinda money for an exhaust.

I want an aftermarket bolt on cat back exhaust and I do not want to get a muffler shop to make one, there are no good shops around here.

I can't even find a no name one on ebay!! I know you can use an Impreza 2.5rs cat back and extend the mid pipe, but are there any aftermarket cat backs actually made for the second gen lgt?

And please don't just give me brands to try, I have tried everyone from HKS and Apex-i to borla and magnaflow.

I would really love a no name ebay special, so my question is...

Can anyone show or tell me exactly where to find an aftermarket cat back specifiacally for a second gen (mine is 97) lgt for under $300?

A link to an ebay special cat back would be ideal because for the life of me, I can't find one.

Thanks! :)

-Ben

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will not find one for under $300.

I think if magnaflow had a bolt on catback fitted for the 2nd gen then you're actually lucky! I use to look for exhausts all over the place like you, but figured that nobody really makes fitted ones for 2nd gens. So I looked into making one myself and putting parts together, but it ended up being REALLY expensive. Any type of jobs that require welding and bending costs a LOADDDD of $$$...

UEL headers already cost almost $200... they are pricey things!

your best bet for a good exhuast without breaking the bank is to buy used and taking it to a machine shop. Thats what got my invidia catback exhuast for 75 bucks off of the i-club forums off a wrx and hand a muffler shop fix it up to fit 100. Good deal i sure think so

Thanks guys.

I can get a brand new ebay special cat back for a 97-02 impreza wrx 2.5rs for $195 shipped to my door.

Then all I would need is take it to a shop to get it fitted for amout another $100. Don't sound bad to me.

Is the 97-02 rs or the 03-up wrx exaust closer to the right bends? Or does it not matter? Lol

I honestly can't remember. I think it was a borla or magnaflow. I clicked on it and the price was LOW. Then I realized it was for the 2nd gen. I wish I could remember what the thread was titled. I saw it in the last week or so.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Ha ha ha its all good man. Your not useless. Lol

I was about to say I looked through every exhaust related for sale thread and didn't see anything second gen.

I did see that 3rd gen one tho.

Oh well. The hunt continues.

Thanks for trying tho!

Ha Ha, yeah I know. When I get around to buying a new header it will be an ebay special UEL header, dont you worry about that :) BOXER FTMFW!! I ordered a 02 wrx cat back for $101.50 shipped my door the other day, and it will be about another $100 or less to get fitted at the shop. $200 for a full cat-back is not bad at all!!

IM EXCITED SON!!!!! lol

i could have saved you some money. i have a custom catback. cost me a pretty penny 2.5inch pipe striaght back to a 15* angle to a magnaflow muffler. and im parting out my car. it would have bolted right up so you wouldnt have had a shop do it for that crazy amount. heres mine.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=310&pictureid=1626

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=310&pictureid=1623

Well damn! How much would you sell it for shipped to 28586? I may buy it anyway and just sell the wrx one. Lol and have any pics?

pics??? ya i posted them. from the cat back its about 10ft long, idk if ups will ship that. lol. just to give you a tid bit of info about moding your car: its not cheap, i have about 900 invested in just the exhaust alone.

Oh, I'm on my black berry and the pics didn't show up. Ill check on my home computer tonight, my bad. Lol and you could always just cut it in half where the driveshaft meets the rear diff and shove it in a box, like a aftermarket seller would ship a cat back, except theirs has a flange. Lol

Then the buyer could just put it on their car and weld it back together. Easy to do.

As far as modding our cars, I know its expensive, believe me. I'm not new to the tuning scene at all, and I learned quick that parts for the 2nd gen lgt are hard to find, and when found, are quite pricy. But with some minor tweaking, a lot of other model subaru parts will work. Its worth it to me tho, I love my Leggy. :)

If you didn't wanna cut it in 2 and ship it, where are you located, and how much picked up?

-Ben

avo and boxer4racing have been my major sources, and then a few little things on ebay. im in cleveland and for the pickup price, i have everything except my headers still. so for the rest of the exhaust cats and all 350. if you just want the catback part 125. and i cant imagine it costing more that 75 bucks to drive from nc to cleveland and back. and youll have the satifaction of having an exhaust that wasnt made by a machine. oh btw i have a wagon. but even if you have the sedan you can just shorten the straight part of the pipe

I do have a sedan. Lol. I would have to see how close the wrx exhaust is to fitting and that will give me a good indication on how much it will cost to get fitted before I commit to driving out to Ohio. Lol

So we will just wait and see for now I guess. I wish I would have known you had that exhaust before I bought mine, or I would be driving out there tomorrow! Ha ha. Oh well.

Ill letcha know about this time next week man.

Archived