LegacyGT.com

NO cat back for second gen lgt?!?!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha ha, I actually know quite a bit about engines, airflow, and how engines and their systems work. I was simply saying that I know for a FACT that some (note the "some", I did not say all) bigger 4-cylinders like Nissans KA24DE actually make the best power and torque with 3" exhaust, and being that our engines are big like them, I was saying I have not seen PROOF that 3" is harmful. Yes logic says that 3" is way 2 big for a N/A motor, yet its what works best on a N/A Nissan 240SX, so is it really that farfetched 2 say its possible it can work well on our cars 2?

Ha ha, I actually know quite a bit about engines, airflow, and how engines and their systems work. I was simply saying that I know for a FACT that some (note the "some", I did not say all) bigger 4-cylinders like Nissans KA24DE actually make the best power and torque with 3" exhaust, and being that our engines are big like them, I was saying I have not seen PROOF that 3" is harmful. Yes logic says that 3" is way 2 big for a N/A motor, yet its what works best on a N/A Nissan 240SX, so is it really that farfetched 2 say its possible it can work well on our cars 2?

wrong.....waaaayyyyy wrong. you just posted with the wrong person......so just lemme tell you why....i have a 1990 240sx with a KA motor....i have dynod with 3" exhaust and 2" exhaust.... 2" had 4 more hp, and 15 more torque.....nice try.;):rolleyes:

yes nissans have 2.4l engines, but the fact still remains, anything bigger than 2.5" with an N/A 4 cyl motor, is to big....if you know so much about engines.....you should know this and you wouldnt be arguing the point. i have a subie, a 1990 240, a blazer, and a sunfire....ive done a lot of expirementing on all of them... unless your turbo...dont go bigger than 2.5" on a subie and any other import i wouldnt recommend anything over 2.25"

I did say that 3" is way 2 big for N/A in my previous post. I was saying the only dyno testing I have seen on the subject is when Modified mag tested and a 3" worked best for their N/A 240sx.

I don't wanna argue, nor am I an idiot or a noob, please don't think I am. I have not tested personally any exhaust set ups, so I only know other tests, and untill now, the only test I knew was Modifieds (which is why I said for a fact, because that's the only facts I have found so far, I should have worded it differently) Yes 3" is 2 big for N/A. They claim it worked best for them.

If you say you dynoed both 3" and 2" on your S13 and 2" made more power and torque, I believe you.

I'm not here 2 make enemys or fight and argue. I didn't mean 2 seem like I was arguing. I'm here 2 learn more than I already know, and get help when needed.

All I needed was someone else that has tried multiple setups on the same car, and you my friend, have done that on your S13. So if you reccomend 2.5" for the Subaru, 2.5" it is.

Are we good?

-Ben

Can I ask you your opinion one bad bg?

I already bought the 3" wrx cat back. If I replace a 3-4 foot section of straight pipe on the mid pipe of it with 2.25" piping, do you think that would cause enough back pressure 2 get good gains? Or do I need 2 get the entire mid pipe re done in 2.25" I say 2.25" cause the axle back portion would still be 3" cause if I get them 2 re make the whole set up, the wrx cat back is a complete waste of money, so I'm trying 2 use as much of it as I can.

What do you think? Can it be made 2 work well, or is it a waste of $100 and I need 2 just suck it up and find one made for my car in a smaller diameter? Lol

Thanks,

-Ben

i wouldnt use any 3" piping for any part of your exhaust(maybe just the muffler depending on your liking) unless you plan on turboing it soon. if you paid 100 bucks for it, and it has never been used, you should be able to get 100 bucks back out of. stick it up on craigslist and ebay for 100 bucks and see what offers you get. just make sure you put the reserve on ebay at like 90, other wise you might loose more money than you planned on. i have(well, had) 2.25" header and cats and then 2.5 the rest of the way back. i actually have only sold the header so far.

Archived