LegacyGT.com

road trip!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Head gaskets are not that bad. My dad made me do all of the work on mine. Keep a repair manual and a laptop with this forum up haha. There is a guy on here that's doing one now and he is putting up a bunch of pics of the job.

Maybe someone on here lives close to you and can give you a hand. It will save you so much money in the end.

I'd like to learn all about it... Just not on MY car lol

I finally figured out my supercharger noises. I said on here how it gets worse when I turn. Well it is the powersteering and it took me 2 months to figure out the power steering fluid is low. Go figure.

checking fluids is the best way to keep everything running for a long time :)

I heard that on the newer cars and some new subarus that the transmission is sealed completely so there's no need to add fluid and no need to ever drain and replace fluid/gaskets/whatever. my mom's tribeca doesn't have a pan or a plug, and there's no way to get to it, but apparently it's a sealed system. this the norm nowadays?

That does seem weird! But the new Subaru's, expect the Forester, have manual trannys or the CVT. Maybe the CVT doesn't need fluid changes.

My car took over half a quart of power steering fluid, I guess being that low would make it make some noises lol

Do you guys have any idea how much it costs to get the transmissions in our cars rebuilt?

Archived