LegacyGT.com

09 SpecB vs '10 GT vs '10 STI

jsimonetti

Why are there 74 posts? Has the OP made up his mind? He should get an 08-09 LGT just for the looks alone.

BTW, the 6spd, R180, LSD, and aluminum arms were worth it to me.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are there 74 posts? Has the OP made up his mind? He should get an 08-09 LGT just for the looks alone.

BTW, the 6spd, R180, LSD, and aluminum arms were worth it to me.

I would get the STI anytime without thinking (if money isnt a big issue) :icon_frow

If you are trying to argue with someone - try to write so that is clear which position you're taking. From your 2 paragraphs of words it's not clear what you're trying to defend. It just looks like you're repeating some argument you've heard somewhere about why KBB pricing formulas are an approximation and says nothing about the >$8000 discrepancy between 'resale value' and 'private party value', which is the essence of the argument.

I'll ask in a simple english: Are you defending the KBB resale value projection, that in the case of spec.B says 16k?

Lol, learn the language first.

cat fight ;)

Kylar,

Going for? They're ASKING prices! Get real!

Try looking at auction prices, IF there are any. Let's face it, if you can find the right buyer who will pay all the money for your used STi you may get those prices, but honestly, is that going to happen? The odds are against it. Too few buyers...

The bottom line is when it comes time for an STi owner to sell his car, or worse, trade it, it's going to hurt. WHY? these cars are purpose-built race cars from the factory. They're driven hard, it's a given, thus, the resale price will reflect the anticipated effect of hard driving on the longevity.

Built to take it, sure, but, maintained the way it's supposed to be?

Who knows...

I think the OP needs to decide what he wants.

If it's a pure performance car, go for the STi.

If your looking for a fast car that performs well, and you want some luxury on top, get the LGT.

on second thought, if you want a fast car, handles great, has luxury (heated power seats FTW) and doesn't look like your trying out for the next Vin Diesel movie, get the LGT.

And if you can find a good deal on one, get the spec.B. It's worth it, and don't listen to the GT owners, they've been drinking the Hater-Aid. If you follow their logic you might as well just get a 2.5i and add your own turbo :)

Jsimonetti--

Back to your original question: Which car?

I think only you can answer that question, & IMHO the best way to do so is to take each car in consideration on an extended test-drive. Perhaps two or three extended test-drives--@ multiple dealerships, if necessary.

Opinions here about looks, performance, re-sale, etc. really don't hold up to what this is really all about: Getting a car that you can afford that you really enjoy driving. Go with your gut, & if all else fails, just remember: They're Subaru's! You can't go wrong!

Good luck,

:)

--RG

Geez, I take the wife and kid to the beach for a long weekend and this KBB thing goes sideways. My original point was a COMPARISON between the three cars. What I was saying is that the 2010 will have better residual value after (say) 5 years. And while the STI has just a bit poorer resale value, because the starting value was much higher, you'll suffer a much greater loss.

Also, I was presenting trade-in values. You can try selling it yourself but the trade-in values are pretty much auction value (give or take).

Pete

Archived