LegacyGT.com

Best Bike Rack??

I did when I had a roof rack. a buddy was loading his up on the roof and he missed the mount for the fork. he caught it as it hit the roof so no real damage. Lucky for him;)
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 5 months later...

I am a big supporter of Yakima king cobra. So easy to secure the bike; so quick to do so. You can lock the bike to the rack as well. You can lock the rack to the roof too. Rack does not get into contact with the frame either.

I've been through several messed up dirt roads (in Moab ;) ) and it has been just fine. My bikes are not light either. I love these racks.

btw, it takes about 3mn per rack to take them off the roof. Not hard at all.

Sorry: I had to add lots of pix :spin::spin::spin:

FLS_0131.thumb.jpg.ad2cdd95d24475c1d3f262deaf2d7dea.jpg

FLS_0130.thumb.jpg.45ccd810150754e519912cf5f2e184bc.jpg

FLS_0226.thumb.jpg.8bd7d0c5c34d730b6ec58d572930e404.jpg

FLS_0227.thumb.jpg.16a5001a0a577cc3301a290d1d6d4dfe.jpg

I am a big supporter of Yakima king cobra. So easy to secure the bike; so quick to do so. You can lock the bike to the rack as well. You can lock the rack to the roof too. Rack does not get into contact with the frame either.

I've been through several messed up dirt roads (in Moab ;) ) and it has been just fine. My bikes are not light either. I love these racks.

btw, it takes about 3mn per rack to take them off the roof. Not hard at all.

Sorry: I had to add lots of pix :spin::spin::spin:

I almost went with that rack as it truly is awesome. I ended up with Thule because they had the aerodynamic rails vs. having to choose between square/tube bars. Looks like a great setup!

I almost went with that rack as it truly is awesome. I ended up with Thule because they had the aerodynamic rails vs. having to choose between square/tube bars. Looks like a great setup!

thanks for the compliment. Yeah these racks have been on three cars now! Three years of use so far and no complaints. But I have to say that if one gets freeride/dh bikes on their roof, they better have stiff crossbars also. The current ones I have are piece of junk. Only good for race bikes or light xc mtb.

Anyway, yeah getting good racks is important but also we have to make sure crossbars are high quality and stiff. kinda off topic: Aaaah, I freakin love Moab. sorry, had to say it :rolleyes:

Archived