LegacyGT.com

ripped intake pipe replacing turbo.

So, I didnt know about the hose underneath the turbo and was pulling and wiggling so much I tore the inlet hose.

So now the question, go with a stock one for $98 or go with a silicon replacement.. What should I do here?

The silicon one is more flexible and so may be easier to get in under the intake manifold but the one from Perrin is $170 from Fred Beans

In another thread, I heard someone mention some on Ebay for $90.

I'm stock right now. After all this work, I'm thinking about modding next year but for now I dont have a cobb or anything to tune so I'm staying stock.

However, priority is getting this puppy back together so if the silicon tube will go in easier and will not require a tune, I'll get it even tho it costs more.

Any advice?

They are pretty much equally annoying to install - the stock one isn't flexible, b ut the aftermarket ones can have fitment issues. The aftermarket ones have ABSOLUTELY NO performance increase, especially at stock boost levels, they require changing the routing of most or all of the hoses (depending on which one you get) and they can collapse under load (although not likely at stock boost levels). On the plus side they are more durable if you plan on having the turbo on and off a lot and they come in neat colors :)

Archived