EL vs. UEL

Lotek

EL vs. UEL  

88 members have voted

1. 1. EL vs. UEL

• EL
    • UEL
    • I dont care

Apparently the "boxer rumble" is the entire reason many members purchased a subaru...

I understand what you are saying but my gtspec/tomei elh have rumble that in no way resembles a 50 year old american v8. The same cannot be said for uelh. I merely suggest that the folks that want uelh sound would love a big block.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody running Moore Performance 4-2-1 ELH?

I've been thinking about it. That is one sweet piece. I know the guy who put it together, and it is definitely an awesome header. I also really like that you can swap to twin-scroll!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

/\ I am starting to piece together a stg3 build and I'm pretty sure I'll be going with them. The TS up is a nice option to have, though I doubth that I'll use it. All of the Moore Performance pieces are really high quality.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

You actually bought the KillerB header? Wow. That thing isn't cheap!
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

TurboXS is coming out with a set at some point in the near future. I'll probably just wait for theirs.

You actually bought the KillerB header? Wow. That thing isn't cheap!

Not yet - Like the design and the simplicity of it and the 321SS construction.

I've been waiting for a month and half for my GTSpec elh to ship.

Thinking about having switching to the Agency Power elh so I can move forward. Some sites list it as 321ss and some say 304ss. :confused: Anybody running one of these?

AFAIK Killer B is the only manufacturer to use 321SS. One of the reasons that I'm looking at their version. That and their oil pickup

edit: Just heard that there's a delay in their materials, so may be in the same boat...

TurboXS is coming out with a set at some point in the near future. I'll probably just wait for theirs.

Would love to pick up a TXS one, but upgrade starts in November, so unless that's within the "near future" window, probably can't wait that long.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

AFAIK Killer B is the only manufacturer to use 321SS. One of the reasons that I'm looking at their version. That and their oil pickup

edit: Just heard that there's a delay in their materials, so may be in the same boat...

Many websites have this description for the Agency Power ELH:

The construction of the equal length header features polished 321 stainless steel. The header has CNC machined ½ inch thick flanges and includes everything you need to bolt directly on to your Subaru turbo vehicle. Because of the equal length design, this will cause you to lose the distinct Subaru engine sound for a smoother exhaust note.

Mfr's site I think says 304ss. Whose site is up to date?? I have a question into the vendor to see if I can even get it, or whether its backordered too. I'll let you know if I get anywhere.

321SS is tough stuff and not prone (as prone?) to heat-cycle cracking (same thickness) as 30SS. I was going to buy a small 321SS billet piece for a project and holy schnite that stuff was expensive.

Waiting on materials... price is as listed on their website. 321 mill production is very limited and they are at the mercy of mill's production schedule...4 months wait at this time.

4 months! Woah.

That header is too expensive, IMO. Thick-wall 304 is sufficient.

How do you feel about Australian steel?

Archived