LegacyGT.com

"Best Looking Subarus" in Winding Road

DukeTrout

A-men.

http://www.niba-international.com/uploads/SVX/Subaru%20SVX%20foto%202.JPG

A good condition SVX is a looker, and getting rarer all the time.

A tastefully modified one, with a bit of tint, some 17-18 inch nice wheels, and ever so little drop on the front suspension to rake the car just a little bit... Maybe a 6-speed manual gearbox conversion and uncorking the engine a bit, to drive even better than it looks...

VERY shiny. BWAH!!!!!

To paraphrase another Capt. Mal quote..

"Its not gonna die. It can't die... And you know why? Because it is so... very... pretty. It is just too pretty for God to let it die. Huh? Look at that chiseled profile, huh? Come on!"

Here's one for Subaru's "love" ad campaign...

"Love. Can know all the math in the 'verse but take a boat in the air that you don't love? She'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughtta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keels...makes her a home."

Gotta love those Fireflies, and those SVXs...

I really like the BL Legacy. But I think if I were to re-build a car from the ground up, the SVX is just that much more. sleeker, rarer, more interesting, more comfortable... and one of Subaru's rare coupes. And it is built like a tank... as long as it isn't rusted out due to lots of neglect, it is a sound structure.

I may know about an SVX that will be a project somewhat like you describe - and more so. It will take a while, but I hope the owner follows through on the idea. I think the phrase that was used was "Supra-killer..."
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Fun, fun.

I'd be fine with a 300-ish horsepower naturally aspirated EG33, backed by a Spec B or STI 6MT with the step-down gear (65% rear bias)

and otherwise a very, very clean and sorted SVX with a few personal touches. Black or midnight blue roof, over a brighter blue main body, WR blue, Laguna blue, or something in that neighborhood.

But a Turbo monster would be fun... and the engine can be done that way, if attended to.

Archived