LegacyGT.com

Need of a wideband o2 for opensource?

mercury3545

If you run modified open loop fueling, it's needed. If you run stock fueling (which is very rich), then you can get away without one. You can definitely get more performance and a better quality tune with a wideband o2. Your tuner will be able to do more for you with accurate AFR data.

-Franz

And if you have any type of aftermarket intake...I would strongly suggest you get a WB02. It is not needed..but you are likely going to run lean. I am not sure it will be dangerously lean, but the not knowing is not worth the risk imo.

With a stock airbox, I think you will be fine without a WB02.

If you are going to learn to tune yourself then just get a wideband. The money you spend on the wideband will be a lot cheaper than replacing parts if you push it a bit too lean. (and you might push to lean without even knowing it, I've heard from several tuners the stock intake is not scaled perfect to begin with)

If you are going to learn to tune yourself then just get a wideband. The money you spend on the wideband will be a lot cheaper than replacing parts if you push it a bit too lean. (and you might push to lean without even knowing it, I've heard from several tuners the stock intake is not scaled perfect to begin with)

:whore:

I've had the Innovate LC-1 for a few years now. Permanently mounted in the bellmouth of my Cobb DP. I don't have a gauge with mine, but don't really need one as it works with Romraider.

I can't remember where I bought mine but a quick search shows Import Image has good pricing, and they are a vendor on this forum

http://www.importimageracing.com/p/Innovate-LC-1-Complete-Wideband-kit.html

I've had the Innovate LC-1 for a few years now. Permanently mounted in the bellmouth of my Cobb DP. I don't have a gauge with mine, but don't really need one as it works with Romraider.

I can't remember where I bought mine but a quick search shows Import Image has good pricing, and they are a vendor on this forum

http://www.importimageracing.com/p/Innovate-LC-1-Complete-Wideband-kit.html

Thanks! Probably the cheapest one ive seen. Now you said its mounted in your bellmouth, did you have to drill a hole in it or was it already there? Im getting the ERZ downpipe and i cant tell if it has a bung in the bellmouth or not.

Thanks! Probably the cheapest one ive seen. Now you said its mounted in your bellmouth, did you have to drill a hole in it or was it already there? Im getting the ERZ downpipe and i cant tell if it has a bung in the bellmouth or not.

The ERZ DP's have the O2 bung in the bell mouth so you're good to go.

http://www.ERZperformance.com/product_p/103erzcatted.htm

And if you have any type of aftermarket intake...I would strongly suggest you get a WB02. It is not needed..but you are likely going to run lean. I am not sure it will be dangerously lean, but the not knowing is not worth the risk imo.

With a stock airbox, I think you will be fine without a WB02.

What does that have to do with WB 02? MAF scaling should take care of intake tuning.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived