LegacyGT.com

misfiring and doing something crazy and I cant figure it out!!!!!!

2.5gtbx_44

I dont know what is going on here! I am having what I believe is a misfire issue. It is however not throwing any codes. The symptoms are as follows:

1. When I free rev the car it stalls and dies

2. When driving the motor has hesitated and bucked really bad in any gear between 2k-3k rpm

3. The biggest issue is when it starts making boost it starts missing and breaking up real bad.

Plugs have been replaced. There is fuel pressure. There seems to be no vacuum leaks or anything. I do not know what is going on. My tuner is kind of stumped as well. Any and all advice is wanted, needed, and greatly appreciated. Below is a video of the car on the dyno doing the breaking up thing.

IMG_0339.flv video by s13slider44 - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid79.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid79.photobucket.com/albums/j133/s13slider44/IMG_0339.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid79@@AMEPARAM@@79@@AMEPARAM@@j133/s13slider44/IMG_0339

Well I would start by checking the coil packs are secured on each plug and make sure the little spring is still there on the inside. Next make sure the connectors for them are snug. Do you have aftermarket headers? If you do, maybe you have a crack.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Download Rom Raider, its a free application. Im assuming you dont datalog the car very often? Do you have a tactrix cable? Your tuner should have checked these things while it was on the dyno imo.

Also checked your video, thats a lot of black smoke. Could be a valve not sealing. When my engine died and 2 valves werent sealing it used to stall at idle, but also would dump enough oil that the person following me would get coated on their windshield.

Firstly, check your tune. Check your oil, vacuum lines, etc again. Datalog your car. Check your oil consumption. If none of that is showing red signs, id get a compression leak down test and cross your fingers.

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

Where are you located? Call your tuner and ask him if he datalogged the front o2 sensor and checked the tune. If you're located near westchester I could try to help you out.
06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

I would do the easiest things in this order

clean your maf.

check your plugs

If I recall, the bucking is due to a lean condition. Did it randomly just start, or did you change anything. My car was bucking and dying on idle, took 5 minutes and it was a dirty maf. Sometimes its easy to overlook the small stuff. You coudl have a ripped turbo inlet hose but its torn in a spot where you can see it.

Ok so I was able to find a loose connection between my intake and inlet hose. I reconnected and tightened them. That seems to have taken care of the bucking and outright running like poo normally. The breaking up in boost is still occurring. I dumped in a bottle of lucas oil fuel treatment/injector cleaner for good measure. Didnt do any good for the issue but, didnt hurt either. I was able to do some datalogs on my accessport but, I do not know how to view them or post them here. If someone can help me out with that it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a boost/vac gauge? If so what are the readings at idle?

Those symptoms have been known to happen with poor fuel pressure and/or control. A vacuum leak in or around the intake manifold will change the FPR signal, making it run very rich in vacuum and lean when in boost.

Since you did so many things at once like mentioned go back one at a time if ALL your vac lines check out. GL.

Archived