LegacyGT.com

misfiring and doing something crazy and I cant figure it out!!!!!!

2.5gtbx_44

Well it turns out it was the coil packs after all. Dont really know which one but, I am replacing all of them just to be sure. It runs great now!! YAY. One other thing. I went to EFI logics to get it taken care of and they are great guys. I previously was a customer of Automaster AMR and all they could tell me was that they didnt know whats wrong and was ready to start shooting parts at it at my expense!! I have a rather serious suspicion as do a few other people that AMR might have just switched out a bad coil pack or two for my good ones. I am strongly urging anyone that is thinking about going there to beware and if at all possible do not go. Make the hike up to EFI if at all possible. I am a very disgruntled ex-customer of theirs and do not have a problem saying so!!! Again stay as far away as possible from them. Just my $.02

^^^ a friend of mine was having trouble with his car after FMIC, HTA68, FP and injector swap. Went to AMR to have the car smoke tested to see if there were any leaks along the way. They said "smoke was coming out everywhere, BOV flange was warped and the intake manifold was cracked" They said the intake manifold must have cracked due to a backfire.:lol::lol: Turned out it was just the Flex joint in the Megan headers was breaking away letting air come through, altering the AFR's. So people should beware of the scams they try to pull.

Archived