LegacyGT.com

Boser

coldradio1

I don't know if anybody here has any experience in the VW/Audi world, but over there they have was is known as a "boser" hood. Its basically an extension of the hood that lips over part of the headlights and the opening of the grill. Its done by welding the extension and smoothing the welds out for a smooth finish. My question is has anybody thought about doing this to their legacy? I know it would be pretty damn difficult to do with the aluminum hood, but I'm sure it can be done. Any thoughts? Here are a couple of examples on a jetta and on an A4.

http://www.blackforestindustries.com/images/adam8.jpg

http://www.eurogearusa.com/common/images/06.jpg

Very, very interesting! Thanks for the lesson, indeed. :)

I'm also curious as to what this would look like on the Legacys of various generations.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Looks a hell of a lot better than just slapping eyelids. I'm sure it is much more expensive too since it involves painting the hood.

Its definitely more expensive. Around 900-1200 bones to do it if I remember correctly from my dub days. If I could find a cheap oem hood to experiment on, I'd totally go for it. Anybody with a wrecked legacy want to donate?:redface:

Its definitely more expensive. Around 900-1200 bones to do it if I remember correctly from my dub days. If I could find a cheap oem hood to experiment on, I'd totally go for it. Anybody with a wrecked legacy want to donate?:redface:

The conversion is not cheap. At this point might even look into a vendor

to have it done in CF. The issue is seeing how many people are actually

interested in a pricey piece like this as it would determine if it would go

into production.

As former VW'er and vw shop worker: dont do it. Boser hoods are to VW's what hood scoops are to Subarus. Not only will you be raping one of the most appealing body mods of a VW for "jap crap" it will look *awful* on your car.

I remember a time a kid came in with a gti that had a STi hood scoop in his hood. He caught never ending hell. And you will too(and rightfully so)

Certain car makes have things that are unique flavors. hood scoops and boser hoods are examples.

Hood scoops are generally functional things though - I'd snicker at one that had no intercooler or air intake directly under it too.

Boser hoods only do one thing: look cool. So what if the VW crowd caught on first?

i love boser hood look, i think it would look great on leggy . .

ps. this audi doesn't have to be a beast . . . trust me i had one of those. stage 3 wouldn't keep up with stg2 LGT

:huh: FSI motor apr stage 3 cars are running close to 12 flat at 115-117 mph in the traps.....

Apr Stage 3 is without a doubt the best thing you can get, complete kit wise, for a car. The stage 3 box shows up at your door, and everything- literally everything- you need for install is right there in the box. Every part, nut, bolt, fitting, flange, washer, hose, pipe, coupler, clamp etc etc etc. Its all right there.....and it all *FITS* exactly the way it should without hassle or modification. It is so well engineered. (perrin, are you listening??)

Haha! I saw a Jett in south Philly that had a wrx scoop literally stuck to the hood. I had to do a double take! It was all mismatched. Those two examples of the boser hood are clean though.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Hood scoops are generally functional things though - I'd snicker at one that had no intercooler or air intake directly under it too.

Boser hoods only do one thing: look cool. So what if the VW crowd caught on first?

Its a euro look thing, a legacy wont look right with it at all, either....

I do miss the look of my GTI...I had a carbon fiber boser hood on mine....thing was SICK...

^ I agree.

There's just too much negativity and territorialism - too much of the worry of "what's Rice." :spin:

The only thing "Rice" is the debate about what's "Rice." Who cares.

If you think it looks good, do it. You can't please everyone.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Its a euro look thing, a legacy wont look right with it at all, either....

^ Now this is certainly possible. Until someone tries, though, we just don't know.

Like the K2 front-end, which is clearly an homage to the BMW M-cars - it looks gorgeous and is well-executed, but something (at least to me, personally), just seems kinda "off."

Heck, I still don't really know what I think of having quad-tip mufflers on the LGT (and yes, this includes the fact that I've got an Invidia quad-tip, sitting in my garage, now :p:lol:).

:huh: FSI motor apr stage 3 cars are running close to 12 flat at 115-117 mph in the traps.....

Apr Stage 3 is without a doubt the best thing you can get, complete kit wise, for a car. The stage 3 box shows up at your door, and everything- literally everything- you need for install is right there in the box. Every part, nut, bolt, fitting, flange, washer, hose, pipe, coupler, clamp etc etc etc. Its all right there.....and it all *FITS* exactly the way it should without hassle or modification. It is so well engineered. (perrin, are you listening??)

^ ANYONE, are you listening!!!! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

I'm split about the VW with the Subaru scoop....maybe with a slightly different scoop shape, it would look more coherent?

As for the Infiniti, that looks gorgeous - but then again, it's quite a bit like their (as well as virtually all other Far-Eastern) current design aesthetic.

Here's one on an Infiniti. Looks pretty cool.

http://i39.tinypic.com/1z68pba.jpg

Looks like a shop, but cool nonetheless. And I agree, I'm all for it until I see a finished product. It may look badass, but then again, it may look... well, just ass. It just depends on how it's executed, and hopefully no unnecessary lines are added. And if it does look good, and goes into production, please consider the bosers for us N/A folk as well? :)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Archived