LegacyGT.com

Wheeler Dealers <Legacy on TV>

theflystyle

I never got around to it but I finally did. I always tivo one of my new favorite shows on the Discovery Channel HD called Wheeler Dealers (Tuesdays at 9pm). The show is like flip that house but with cars. Its hosted in Britan but contains good content and a decent amount of random cars. After the first few seasons I noticed the host Mike Brewer upgraded to a Legacy Wagon and he tends to show the car off while searching for his next project. Here is a screen shot.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/theflystyle/wheelerdealers.jpg

Its a LHD and looks great on the TV.

More great show's come from Britain. Like Top Gear! It's the best.

They made the outback car of the year i believe and just love the subaru brand!

They do hate America :p So i am not so sure if you guys ever heard of it...

Every season they got an episode special which is one big road trip (H)

If you have any interesst in cars, you will know the show (which is ectually about 3 guys which never seems to agree :p ghehe)

link

http://watch-series.com/serie/top_gear

I watched that show.

I didn't realize that others around here did.

And no, that Legacy doesn't look like a cargo van. :D

Sad, though, that it isn't a turbo. I don't think UK gets a Legacy Turbo...

The Porsche 928 and BMW 635 episodes were great... They sure did dog on the Americans in the Corvette Episode. Who are the british to talk about dodgy American electrics... Four words... Lucas - Prince of Darkness.

I usually DVR Wheeler Dealer, Classic Car Club (UK also), and Classic Car Chaser (a US show). If only I could have Wayne Carini's job... or even just work for him...

There is another show with Mike (don't recall a last name) and Edd China... where Mike tries to sell people on various cars, and Edd fixes up a car that someone has for sale... He re-bushed an Outback's front sway bar a while back...

good show. but they half ass most of the time and they treat their cars like shit. just my opinion. for example, look at him sitting on the leggy wagon. i've seen him put his foot on the front of cars too, etc etc. just stupid stuff but, no no's in my book. not a real car guy, but a host.

+1

i know what things you are referring to as well but then again they were beaters to begin with so why not right? the lingo is great. everything is apparently dodgy according to mr brewer.

as for auto trader its a pretty decent show. i usually just watch the parts with ed fixing whatever random car he has and skip the part where mike has them choose between cars. i also have learned a thing or two from the "spot the lemon" portion as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I watch this show as well. But do find it odd how they will be finished with a car, talk about how primo it is now and watch the camera pan over rusted lugnuts or fenders. I also watch Ed tear apart and replace pieces and never clean a single inch of the unit. That bugs me. But I still watch.

Subaru must sponsor the show, since they always mention special thanks to Subaru in the credits. Couldn't figure out why until I saw the Legacy. Great show, is on my DVR record list along with WRC highlights on DiscoveryHD. Great channel.

The recent Porsche 924 wasn't bad...

And I caught a bit of the Classic Car Club with the shaggy-hair guy reviewing the BMW 850CSi on you tube...

I have wanted one of those since they were new, despite the fact that they are heavy, and hella-expensive. Now they are cheap to buy, but probably $$$$$$ to maintain or repair. But they look utterly fantastic.

Archived