LegacyGT.com

Whiteline KCA334 bushings...too big?

wcbjr

After trying to press them myself with a manual 3-ton press and a simple hand-crank vice, I gave up. I didn't want to damage the control arms or the bushings.

So I decided to take them to the local Subaru dealership to have them do it for me with their big fancy press. No go there either. Subaru measured both the bushings and the control arms. Both bushings were 1mm too large. Subaru decided not to try and damage things and gave up.

So I relayed the info back to my place to purchase and they are going to talk to Whiteline and see what is going on.

Anyone else experience this? Could this be a reason that the race version failed not too long ago on someone else's car?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119896

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

• 2 weeks later...

There was indeed a fitment issue. But it wasn't with the Whiteline product.

When I pressed out the old bushings, there was a thin layer of what seemed like paint still inside the control arm receiver. It was thick and hard enough to affect the installation of the new bushings. I took a drill and wire wheel attachment and removed that layer of 'paint'. It still took my 3000lb press and a 4ft extension arm to get the new bushings pressed in.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Archived