LegacyGT.com

Cobb AP, Custom Kick Panels, Focal Polyglass 3-ways, JL 12 in sealed box, kartboy STS

Town

See here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127426

Cobb AP - I have it in the box, perfect condition. Just need to go unmarry it from the GT. If i get the 2010 GT I'm obviously keeping this.

Autospeed CBE - This was one of the last exhausts left for us from Autospeed before they dropped the Subaru line to focus more on Audi, etc.. It's the best looking sounding exhaust, to me, hands down. I'd tell you if i liked another better. Dual exhaust single tips, I think they're 3.5". It gives s a deep low tone that isn't as load as the Perrin or Mr_Luv and CK's custom jobs, but it sounds very..."formula?" I love it. Beautiful polished tips and cans. About 10-12K miles of use. Same model as what Dan at Mach V had on his white GT wagon.

I also have the stock tips, but not sure I can still get to my stock mid and Y pipes, which were stored in my old building's parking garage... My insurance adjuster says I cannot remove it and leave the car exhaustless. But he did say that if I (read: you) wanted to get underneath the car and replace it with a stock exhaust to go ahead and knock myself out. This was a front passenger side, and then front, impact crash so the exhaust is fine. I can't do this myself so I'll need the buyer to come with me to swap their exhaust, or if some of you guys (cough:TOMMY!) want to come with we can try and remove it quickly.

There's also a Kart Boy STS in there...if anyone wants to swap it out while I'm removing the other stuff. It has a Momo Short Anatomic leather knob on it, which I may also let go...both for a nominal price, of course.

I think my system sounded SUPERBLY CLEAN and was so basic, over-powered and unique that it was the best I have personally heard in a dynamat insulated leggy. It was stealth to elude thieves (I live in DC) using the stock HU and LOCs but the dynamat, sweet amp and three-way kicks just made it awesome. I may take this stuff with me to my next car, but here it is nonetheless:

JL 12w1 in a custom sealed box made to spec that fits perfectly under the rear deck behind the backseat w a few inches to spare on the sides to let the bass in. It's basic and centered on the rectangle to fire either forward into the ski pass-through, or rear (much better sound). It is carpeted to match the dark gray trunk interior. I was running it off a JL HD600/4. At first one channel at 150, and then bridged at 300 watts and it was EXTREMELY clean and accurate, unbelievably so. You could drop a 12w3 in this box, too. Sorry, but I'm keeping the amp, which has mega balls! I highly suggest you get your own.

Drop-in Custom molded sealed fiberglass Kick Panels w holes for a 4" mid and tweeter, carpeted in matching dark gray carpet. I had my 3-way Focals in there and it sounded better than any off-axis door mount you've heard. Give me a pair of any speakers on-axis with your ears in kix over a set of nice speakers (I mean nice, mid to high end, not BS... like over a ) in the factory locations any day. The imaging sounds like wearing headphones. Others on here can testify to how good everything sounded. My car was a MT and you can shift fine with the clutch. Oh, none of this was a DIY project. I had an old friend who is a high-end installer in Houston make these using my factory kick panels and ship them up to me. I might be willing to sell the kix with my Focal Polyglass 165VR3 3-way components installed.

I'm a huge fan of kickpanels but am concerned about losing space where my left foot goes. If the kicks were modified into the existing plastic panel and don't take much resting space I would take these off your hands in a heartbeat.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/bac52/Lockdance.gif
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I wish there were a way to lock out these forum trolls with too much free time who post idiot pics and videos. If you can't respect a custom 3-way kick panel set for a car that's offered no pre-fab options, then just move along. Your best response is usually silence, trolls.

Peteyjr - The left foot fits fine. These were molded onto the factory panel with a wood frame and fiberglassed, and pop in and out relatively easily for access to the port. They are very solid and practically (possibly) air tight. The mids thumped and the setup was great. I was concerned about my left foot at first too but unless you love pressing the deadpedal and do some serious vertical knee bend stomps off it, you can still rest your foot behind the pod no problem...that is unless you have freakishly large feet.

I pulled them out before they towed the car away from the accident site, but I'll bring the pods back with me when I go to the car tomorrow and see about snapping some pics installed. To avoid these trolls, I'd suggest PMing me or just replying to the original thread in the Mid-A section.

Consider it a free bump.

Are you upset because we called you out for posting in the wrong forum and also cross-posting? We have said nothing about the quality of the products you are selling.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I'm not upset. It's an audio section and not everyone patrols the FS threads. I know I don't. I just figured this is a unique and rare offering that other audio geeks might be interested in. I suppose I could have reworded it to discuss kick panels and then dropped in my link, but I wasn't overthinking it at the time - oh well. Thanks for the bumps.

I'm a huge fan of kickpanels but am concerned about losing space where my left foot goes. If the kicks were modified into the existing plastic panel and don't take much resting space I would take these off your hands in a heartbeat.

What do you think? You can't make them flush into the kick because of all the electrical behind there...I'll post up some more pics tomorrow

Still considering them. My problem is a cost to benefit ratio. My system already sounds mighty fine and is tuned with a 1/3 octave eq. I would have to rethink my whole sound and trade off some left footspace. What are you looking for $ wise?

Archived