LegacyGT.com

350Z driver gets owned

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You shouldn't hate police. They sacrifice in so many ways to protect people like you.

Bullshit and propaganda. There are many other more dangerous professions.

just like any profession there are some good and some bad police officers. I do appreciate the good they do, however I will always have that experience in the back of my mind. and yes the civil and criminal trials are pending.

^^^not to mention narrow-minded..........I am truly surprised at that comment unclemat. I live in the Bronx. Without police , someone else would be writing "brooklynboy LIVED in the bronx". It is NOT bullshit.
Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

^^^not to mention narrow-minded..........I am truly surprised at that comment unclemat. I live in the Bronx. Without police , someone else would be writing "brooklynboy LIVED in the bronx". It is NOT bullshit.

:rolleyes:

Easy, this is a car forum and the post was about a traffic situation. The context of my post was traffic enforcement. I have very little respect for how this is done in this country. Is nothing else but roadside racket and has little to nothing to do with safety.

Visit masscops.com to see who are those hardworking law enforcement officers. Shitheads and dirtbags in fact.

Bullshit and propaganda. There are many other more dangerous professions.

I'll agree with you on the traffic enforcement----but you were not clear that you were targeting that aspect of police "work". (They can be such tyrannical assholes).

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

How is it fake exactly? :rolleyes:

Mars_Volta works in some kind of work that he deals with traffic violations, I believe. He has probably heard about 20 versions of this same story or had it forwarded to his inbox repeatedly.

Am I close?

I'll agree with you on the traffic enforcement----but you were not clear that you were targeting that aspect of police "work". (They can be such tyrannical assholes).

Yes, I wasn't clear, I am sorry.

Guest heightsgtltd

I see, so if you work in traffic violations in one state, that means you know of every possible violation in your state and the other states in America too? :lol:

The story seems real, a guy posted it on the E90 forum, then it went viral and spread to other forums. Not sure what about it makes someone think it's fake after you read the original post. The OP actually posted the original citation but then took it down when the thread started to get reposted

Guest heightsgtltd
To my knowledge that's not true. If you see something happening you can get involved, but it's better, as in this case to involved actual on duty officers too.

Here's what the same cop writes in the thread

Really though guys. I am no saint myself. I didn't buy a 335i to always drive the speed limit and go slow. Have I been pulled over for speeding before? Of course I have. Have I ever gone up against other cars? Of course I have. Again, its all human nature and sometimes people do things at the heat of the moment. That's why 99% of the tickets I write are NON Speeding tickets. In my 4 years I have only issued 2 speeding tickets and this is one of them.

If this kid was just speeding around like an idiot I wouldn't have even cared. The mere fact that he was calling me names and egging me on. That's a different story. Before I got on with the department I had a e36 and was racing everyone and believe me I had my fair share of tickets and I deserved every one of them. When I got the 335i well, I had a few lapses back to my old e36 days.. but in the end I never did anything crazy. Members that know me personally on this board can vouch for me personally. Hell, I don't even pull people over for no front plates because I don't have one myself.

I'm not super big on traffic tickets and pulling people over. Its the drug dealers, gang bangers, and guys who beat up on their wives n kids that interest me. Hell, one day I may get pulled over for running someone and when/if that days comes I will eat it.

Believe me, I sympathize with car enthusiasts as I have given a million breaks...this is just an isolated case. I don't feel high and mighty.. this kid just had it coming...

To my knowledge that's not true. If you see something happening you can get involved, but it's better, as in this case to involved actual on duty officers too.

A shooting is one thing, sure, I can see you getting involved, but pulling some dude over, I would have expected to have his partner to solicit license and registration, write up the tickets and issue the citations. What does off-duty mean then? You can eat more donuts? Let's hear it from our fellow police officers on here.

Guest heightsgtltd

Soo what is that saying exactly to prove the point? :confused: He had his partner (on-duty) light up and pull the guy over. Then he got out as well, showed his badge and a citation was given. Unclear if it was written by him or his partner, but my understanding again is that if you see something bad happening when off-duty, you can get involved but you need to notify someone you are doing so.

Why are we arguing about this again? :lol:

He did the citing, he did it all. I'll suggest what you suggested me, that you read the thread ;)

As my partner backed me up, I went up to the car and identified myself as the police and both of them were in shock. I got his driver license, registration, and insurance. He didn't say anything. I grabbed one of my buddy's cites n hit him up for speeding, exhibition of speed- 2 counts, tinted driver and passenger side windows, and Exhaust. As I filled out the cite I told my buddy to take them out of the car and to tell the driver that his car was getting towed as well.

We are not arguing. I am just illustrating the reasons for which I am skeptical. If one of our POs here can clarify if an off-duty officer can do all of the above in such a scenario, that'd be great because I am curious.

I also have a serious issue with what the said PO wrote, incriminating himself for basically breaking the laws he is enforcing and street racing when off-duty. So I guess when you are off-duty you are still a cop that can do what he would be able to while on-duty, but at the same time also just a civilian who can race people because he is not in his cruiser.

Shit. I want to be a cop now. I'll race people in my Legacy then pull them over for racing.

Archived