LegacyGT.com

Hit a curb. Bad BAd

aftermath, rim changed, and no parts broken/bent. iwas happy to hear that. Good as new total amount spent 200+. thanks ebay and pepboys. lesson learned no driving on icy/unplowed roads, thinking you can drift.

Ebay Rim 165.

Pepboys:

Alginment 70.

Rim change 20.

Amount=255.00

Dealership:

Rim 300.

Alginment 100.

Rim change over 30.

Amount 430+\-

So you see dealerships are money stealers., except for if its warrentied.

New rim and wheel bearing. And check the alignment.

New hub - maybe, depends on if it really did get damaged. As far as I know they are cast and cracks if they get damaged, so that will be fairly obvious.

Just hope that it wasn't bad enough to punch through to the gearbox through the axle.

Notice that the wheel bearing may look and feel good for the moment but it can degrade quickly from a small dent in the tracks or in the balls.

453747.png

New rim and wheel bearing. And check the alignment.

New hub - maybe, depends on if it really did get damaged. As far as I know they are cast and cracks if they get damaged, so that will be fairly obvious.

Just hope that it wasn't bad enough to punch through to the gearbox through the axle.

Notice that the wheel bearing may look and feel good for the moment but it can degrade quickly from a small dent in the tracks or in the balls.

+1 I hit a curb with the lgt before, just curbed wheel, wheel did not break, bend etc, looked cosmetic, but my steering wheel was off by about 5* after the hit when trying to drive straight, so needed alignment.

Got alignment right away, they said nothing looked bent and was able to get backt o specs.

Eventually my wheel bearing went out on that side after 1yr, and then my powersteering rack started leaking another year after that. Both had to be replaced.

Im surprised the lgt is that fragile when hitting curbs, my accord took many harder hits into the curb, and is still fine, even with small chunks of alloy wheel missing.

I damaged the rear, my steering wheel seemed a little to the right but i figured it was due to the snow driving. im pissed off that i cant drive it.

The moral of the story is save the donuts for big open parking lots....target comes to mind...lol.

I did but when i left, at the light i was turning Left hit ice, snow and just whamm. " o F*** S*** D** nfhjn"

My rim looks slightly bent inwards.so what does this mean.?

The moral of the story is save the donuts for big open parking lots....target comes to mind...lol.

LOL my target parking lots have curbs! save this for walmart! LOL. man just got out of work. have 2hrs of sleep but i'm so excited!!!!

sorry about what happened clark687. every year theres a thread like this that pops up.

have fun people but be safe! :)

I have to say i'm very impressed how it handles most of the time in the snow. im worried that i wont be able to afford the pats and labor.

So far i bought a new rim.

Called dealership 299$ went on ebay bought one for 165.

Will i need a new wheel hub,if the wheel looks bent inward or can this be a bent rim.?

hopefully tonite i can get the car in the garage and take the wheel off to see if there is damage. ill post pics also.

the hub/wheel bearing is a single integrated assembly IIRC, at least on the earlier (05-06) models.

i think most list them for like 1-something; try king of parts for better price. labor isn't too bad for just that, either, but ymmv at different dealerships. it'll also cost you a hunj or so to get on the rack. if you banged up the control arm, ball joint, strut, strut mount, etc. the tally could start to get nasty. how did you hit it sideways, or straight on?

thanks i looked on ebay got a brand new one 165.

Cool, glad it was still there!

Sorry to hear about your little incident, fingers crossed everything else is okay....

Steve C.

2009 Legacy 2.5i Wagon

Touring Package

Satin White Pearl

Just hope your control arm isn't bent... I curbed mine like three weeks ago and the part has been on backorder forever. Although I talked to the dealer and they have the parts so it should be done monday or tuesday. I'm looking at around$1700 in repairs.

Archived