LegacyGT.com

Who's ready for Snowstorm 2009?

Bolksey85

The job site I have to go to every day wasn't plowed today and my front end was basically a snow plow at stock height. Now they are calling for 12+ inches where I live.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are calling for 10-20 inches down here in DC where we already have 5' mounds of snow lining the roads. The Federal Government is closed for Tuesday and it looks like with this new storm the city will be crippled on Wednesday. On top of that, I work in Frederick, where they received almost 3' of snow so I may not work all week...

I am from Cleveland and am used to a good amount of snow (lake effect), So I like snow and have a ton of winter driving experience. Here in maryland though, since they arent used to it, the plows and street crews are extremely limited.

I parked on on one of the city streets that didn't get plowed. I dug my car out after the storm but then couldnt go anywhere because snow in the road was above my bumper. Therefore I didn't go to work yesterday but was finally able to get out to the main roads this morning after I shoveled much of the street. Its nuts around here, abandoned cars blocking entire roads- which in the neighborhoods are only plowed one lane wide. Awd is great except when the snow is far deeper than your ground clearance.

Oh yeah, 10-20 more inches tonight through tomorrow. Cant wait.

I'm done with it- being snowed in for two weekends in a row. Canceled school and bad weather and roads have resulted in a little too much 'quality time' @Home. I've vowed to take a vacation day the next time the temperature goes above 50F.

Yep this is getting old. Wifey starts her first day back on the job today and she is taking the legacy so I was going to take a day off as work was slow. Nope school was still a go, so I drove the Z/28 this morning to work. Man my asshole was puckered the entire way doing 25 mph. Then after i get to work the school cancels after the kids are on the bus..WTF is that shit?!!
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

WOW, crazy week. I've been so busy covering the event both in DC and yesterday up in Frederick and around Montgomery County. Unfortunately it was so cold and iced up, that the roof top weather station platform cracked and I couldn't keep the station on the roof during the blizzard conditions. It was still EPIC, especially up in Frederick, MD yesterday. I'm so glad I got out when I did as I'm hearing about how motorists spent all night in their cars.

Here's the ride later in the day on I-370 (under I-270) in Gaithersburg:

http://www.weatherwarrior.net/winter/bydate/100209-10/IMG_15328web.jpg

We need to see if we can get the OP or mod. to change the thread title to include 2010.

we have just beat the blizzard of 1993 here in pittsburgh with over 70in this year.

also is anyone else's cr goign through hell this winter???? my windshield is cracked in several spots and i have aton of scratches.

Archived