LegacyGT.com

A little head restraint customization

OCDetails

I did something a little experimental the other day. I was just curious to see what it would look like, and it turns out it doesn't look too bad. I used some brushed aluminum looking vinyl STi logos and put them on the head restraints. I'll have to get a picture in the day with better light, but I actually like the way they look. What do you think?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/andthisone.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/thisone.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I could do pink I guess. I liked the chromey look better on the black. I don't really dig the STi pink that much to be honest...

Putting LCDs in my head restraints would be pointless. I rarely have a passenger in the seat next to me much less people in the back. lol

OCDETAILS BLOG

:( thats kinda sad...

;) My wife works a totally different schedule than me. The only time I ever have a passenger is if we go out on the weekend. Otherwise its just me in the car.

I'm definitely not a fan of the pink. That's why I took the STi pedals off to begin with. I like this brushed aluminum look. I don't want to go overboard with STi branding on everything, but I thought it looked classy on the head restraint. We'll see how long it lasts....

OCDETAILS BLOG

Actually, it would only soften the adhesive on the back a little. When it warms up it might be easier to remove, but the longer it is on the car the harder the adhesive will get and the harder it will be to remove. Besides, how much action does your head restraint really get. I can't think of the last time my head actually touched one. It doesn't get that dirty up there either. I doubt that I'll have much problem with them coming off durring the leather conditioning process. I'll be careful around them though.

OCDETAILS BLOG

heres a thought.......have you tried to do the same to the momo emblum on the steering wheel? I was thinking about that on my ride in this am
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Hey, I wear a Red Wings jersey sometimes and I'm not on the team. I wear a Yankees cap and I don't live in New York. There is nothing wrong with representing a team or company or performance division. I'm not trying to make my car look like an STi with these any more than they were trying to make it look like an STi by putting those pedals in it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I tried to take the STi logo off my front spoiler, but couldn't. Why would Subaru think I want that stupid logo on there anyways? ;)

Where did you get the silver STi logos? I like the way it looks. Wonder what an upholstery shop would charge to embroider it in silver thread?

I got them from this guy. I bought them outside of ebay for $10 shipped. He sent 4 of them. I put two on the headrest and I'm still thinking about where to put the other two. I'm considering ordering another set to see if they work out on the calipers. Not sure if that is a good idea though. Might be over the top.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived