LegacyGT.com

DIY: JDM Headlight Blackout and USDM Light Pattern Conversion

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you lose the ability to aim them with the JDM lights? Or you modified your USDM housings with JDM projectors? Having a hard time understanding why you did so much hacking and no cutoff adjustment...

I did not use the JDM projectors. I used Bi-Xenon HIDs model FX-R 3.0. Bi Xenons are high and low beams in 1 projector. They have a shield with the proper cutoff for low beams. When high beams are activated, an electromagnet moves the shield out of the way and you get unobstructed light with no cutoff. These high beams, combined with the JDMs high beams are a sight to behold!

The reason I went through so much trouble using only the factory mounting points is so they can be fully adjustable, which they are, using the factory adjusters.

Anybody need a pair of JDM projectors? (not the whole headlamp assembly-just the projectors that are in them)

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

I dig it man. Very nice! I'm probably going to just remove the material from the JDM projector cutoff and keep it simple. It's my daily beater and I just want to add as many safety features to it as I can, not necessarily going for crazy performance like Veronica :cool:

• 2 years later...

Archived