LegacyGT.com

How long will you keep your LGT?

I have 40k miles on mine. I have no plans to get rid of it. I'll do some upgrades here and there but nothing major like 400hp everyday driver. :) I'm content with what I have...actually very satisfied. After driving a chevy malibu for a week and some change, I understand why GM went under haha.

I don't ever plan on getting rid of it. It's at 95k right now (I'm the second owner). I'll wait until it's paid for, throw on a FMIC, injectors and turbo and play on the weekends if I have something new by then. I've never sold a car though - either gave them away or sent them to the junk yard (or some combo of the two).

I'll add--for conversation sake--that the ability to upgrade the LGT instead of having to trade-in/trade-up is a huge longterm benefit to me. Interested to hear what yet more of you have to say...

Agreed ClimberD,,you can take a stock 2005-2009 GT and tweak it the way you want it .You can do the suspension if you like ,upgrade the power or just drop a catback on it or just do it all.Just normal upgrades like tires and a Cobb AP or reflash add a ton to this car without breaking the bank

Whatever works fr you:)

Only 47K on my '05 right now. I'll keep it for a long, long time. With as many mods as I have into the engine and suspension, I'd be a fool not to keep it. Plans are to drive it a few more years and then I'll retire it to a track only car and go for a big turbo, FMIC, coilovers etc...

I have never been able to keep a car very long. I tend to get excited, get a car, then get something else 1-2 years later. I want to stop that trend, mainly so I stop losing money and get rid of debt.

I will try to keep my LGT as long as I can. So much of me wants to get rid of it to get something sportier, but I want something practical. Maybe I'll keep my LGT for 5-10 years at least, get it paid off, then think about getting a sportier car to complement the LGT rather than to replace it. :)

Archived