LegacyGT.com

The beast is ready for winter!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumpty - I have mudflaps, but they're the stockers. Are there any aftermarket ones? I think some nice mudflaps would definitely make it look more badass.

We just got about 5 inches and this thing is a friggin MONSTER! I had to actually work to break it free on fresh powder! Can't wait to do some rallying with it. I'm in Nashua, so let me know what you guys come up with. I have to say I never thought this car could be this awesome; the snow conditions really made the entire car finally mean something.

Got our first snow fall here and I've got a fresh set of Hankook iPike's...was 'testing' them and the abs kept kicking in. This was doing maybe 20kph.

Did I get a bum set of tyres?

to clarify: it's kicking in while you're braking?

And I dont think you should be judging the tires based on that. Judge the tires based on how responsive the car is to turns/acceleration relative to how it handles on pavement.

They're probably very good, I'm thinking that maybe you're just not used to snow tires and were expecting more than they can offer? Snow tires don't negate slipping on snow; they reduce it as much as possible.

to clarify: it's kicking in while you're braking?

And I dont think you should be judging the tires based on that. Judge the tires based on how responsive the car is to turns/acceleration relative to how it handles on pavement.

They're probably very good, I'm thinking that maybe you're just not used to snow tires and were expecting more than they can offer? Snow tires don't negate slipping on snow; they reduce it as much as possible.

Yep, kicking while braking. And I've had Dunlop DS1's before on my old Civic and never had this 'problem'

haha well theres only one good spot by me, unless anyone else in the cleveland area knows any. theres only a small woods section and good luck getting through it, youll need a 4 foot lifted truck with some 50" super swampers to get even half way through it. other than that, theres a small hill climb thats dumb unless its raining/snowing, and theres a nice long straight with ruts from trucks that arent too deep that fill with water all the time(i hit those at about 50) then if your feeling ballsy enough at the end of the straight instead of hitting you brakes, you can catch about a foot of air. i did it once and it scared the crap out of me cause i have a wagon with stock suspension. and theres just a wide open area for those awd donuts we all like to do in the snow. and this is all at one spot.

Yep, kicking while braking. And I've had Dunlop DS1's before on my old Civic and never had this 'problem'

hahaha so your ds1's didn't slip at all? Why didn't you just get them, they sound like the snow tire every tire company CEO dreams about :lol:. Seriously though, get rid of them if you're not happy with them but I think they're working just fine. Either than or your ABS sensor(s) are not functioning properly.

nice shot! I'm looking to get one of mine in a ct noreaster

if anyone's around connecticut and is looking for some trails, there's a spot over in nepaug by torrington that people take their beaters; I've been a few times with my jeep and it's a pretty solid place to go. looking to try some winter action there :D

the abs thing I've had with my car, but that's going through straight snow. don't worry about it, I've got your back when it comes to the tire question, and I can speak for most owners about the abs being intrusive like that. as long as ur not going through any over/understeer while normally driving, don't worry about the tires; just give yourself a little more stopping room

yaaaaaaay we got yots of snoww! I had so much fun last night... these things are unstoppable! Seriously, i was going through snow that was up to the bumper... I had to slow down because it was going up the hood and over the windshield!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2646/4200332547_de4c396c76_o.jpg

The empty lots were great around here, some real soft powder makes it great to throw these cars around. Nothing beats the sound and visual of that stuff flying up over the side of the car.

I made it everywhere except into my own driveway. :lol:

The plows piled up the snow about 3' high (we got about 16"). I tried to barrel through it and got high centered real quick. The best I could describe it is, it was like throwing a dart into a snowbank.

Archived