LegacyGT.com

Honda Crosstour vs. Outback

Honda currently has nothing appealing to offer right now. I am stuck on the late 90's hondas - the Civic Type R, the ITR, and the Prelude SH. I liked their styling and interchangability of parts. And they were cheap to repair. The new ones arent exactly inexpensive to own, but they still maintain a high reliability. They have just gotten more...boring. Also, coincidentally, EG hatches have gotten much faster. It's just speed without dignity, thats all.
On the search for a new DD...

I actually think the Crosstour looks ok, but I'm glad I didn't wait for it. The Crosstour is over 8" longer than the Outback yet has less front and rear leg room. The Crosstour has 25% less cargo space than the Outback. Also, the Crosstour has a huge turning circle of over 40' and is rated to tow about half as much as the Outback. In addition it is much more expensive.

Interesting approach:

There is this kid who owns a nice looking 09 VTEC Civic who works in the other building at my company ... and thinks he's so badass because he financed a car while living with his parents.

I have a 1978 Honda CB500T project bike in pieces in my girlfriends parents garage.

So living with your own parents is bad but keeping stuff in girlfriend's parents' house is ok.

Krzys

I will pick the subaru outback over that honda, its looks really ugly... I have an 2008 honda civic si couple, 2004 subaru forester xt, 2006 subaru legacy gt wagon ltd.. I driven alot of hondas, and acuras. hondas and acuras r the only manufacturer that sells cars based on HP, torque is the one that moves you. EX: Its like going to the washroom to pee, but it comes out but doesnt, than after a while it comes out.damn...

The vehicross is one of the few cars that live up to the ugliness of the aztek

yet, the Vehicross had a purposeful ugliness. Subaru's, save the Legacy, have been ugly from some time, but we love them for their utility and performance (in the case of the turbo variants).

The Vehicross is a roadgoing interpretation of a Dakar racer. Like a Pajero. I'd rock a Vehicross any day of the week...they're expensive to insure because they weren't sold in high numbers though and parts are a problem. Recaro's, proven engine, offroad capability...what's not to love?

yet, the Vehicross had a purposeful ugliness. Subaru's, save the Legacy, have been ugly from some time, but we love them for their utility and performance (in the case of the turbo variants).

The Vehicross is a roadgoing interpretation of a Dakar racer. Like a Pajero. I'd rock a Vehicross any day of the week...they're expensive to insure because they weren't sold in high numbers though and parts are a problem. Recaro's, proven engine, offroad capability...what's not to love?

The looks?

http://faimg1.forum-auto.com/mesimages/207405/105209.2000.Isuzu.VehiCROSS.jpe

I've heard it was a great car... it was just way too out there design wise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have owned a few accords starting with a 2001 up to the recent 2008 EX sedan 4I. Glutten for punishment I guess.

They all were rattle traps but my recent experience with the 2008 put me over the edge. I had two pwr steering pumps replaced, a wheel bearing, pwr front seat track replaced, heater blower fan replaced due to noise, a rear shelf rattle that was beyond annoying, new rear brakes at 28K miles (fronts just fine), and a horrible steering wheel shimmy on the hwy. Yeah, other than that it was a fine vehicle.

With my 09 Legacy 3R I have given up some space but have gained a whole lot more. Based on my experience I would rate Subaru as a superior vehicle in all areas. It is a tight well built vehicle with the value of a proven AWD system.

Went and checked out the crosstour yesterday. The face is definitely imposing. The car was black so I really couldn't get good contrast of the grille vs. the body. The inside was a little nicer than the accord that it is based on. This car really falls down on cargo space. why oh why didn't Honda Just make a wagon? This thing is full of compromises. I'd definitely look at a Venza or an Outback without giving the crosstour a second look.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I actually like the way it looks, similar to a TSX wagon, if you will. I remember back in 06 when I went to HK, I saw a car that looked like a lowered oddysey. Took a closer look and it was an Accord and I think it was a 99 body style or an earlier Gen.

I have an 03 accord with 130K Miles on it, The dash rattles when the ac is on but that is because of the motor mounts. Its great on gas, very comfortable, cheap to insure and easy to drive.

I have owned a few accords starting with a 2001 up to the recent 2008 EX sedan 4I. Glutten for punishment I guess.

They all were rattle traps but my recent experience with the 2008 put me over the edge. I had two pwr steering pumps replaced, a wheel bearing, pwr front seat track replaced, heater blower fan replaced due to noise, a rear shelf rattle that was beyond annoying, new rear brakes at 28K miles (fronts just fine), and a horrible steering wheel shimmy on the hwy. Yeah, other than that it was a fine vehicle.

With my 09 Legacy 3R I have given up some space but have gained a whole lot more. Based on my experience I would rate Subaru as a superior vehicle in all areas. It is a tight well built vehicle with the value of a proven AWD system.

Oh damn, i recently replaced my totaled 05 leggy with a 2010 accord. Hope this one holds up better than your 08. As for the crosstour i think it looks like balls compared to the new outback. The interior is exactly the same as my accord. I also agree that hondas are no fun to drive, but im getting awesome gas mileage compared to the leggy and its pretty quick up to 60 mph. Anything after that is weak=(.

Oh damn, i recently replaced my totaled 05 leggy with a 2010 accord. Hope this one holds up better than your 08. As for the crosstour i think it looks like balls compared to the new outback. The interior is exactly the same as my accord. I also agree that hondas are no fun to drive, but im getting awesome gas mileage compared to the leggy and its pretty quick up to 60 mph. Anything after that is weak=(.

Good luck! Did you consider the 2010 LGT??

the Venza is an attractive design. if it was anything except boring, I'd consider it an option to replace our FX35. Toyota has succeeded in engineering personality out of their cars.

The venza looks REALLY good on the outside (especially with the larger rims), but on the inside it is really ugly and just flat out bland with it's shifter right near the dash, the big buttons and such. I wasn't crazy about it the inside of it. It also doesn't handle anywhere near as well as you would expect. I got to take this and the Outback out on a track in Salt Lake City and have to say that the Venza was EXTREMELY sloppy out there. Then when you couple the fact that there is nowhere near the same space inside as the outback and the fact that a fully loaded Venza is almost $10K more than a comperably equipped Outback, it makes for a bad choice value-wise.

I still think the Venza looks great on the exterior. I just wish it could do what the Outback could for the same price.

Archived