LegacyGT.com

clutch slipping

1astrokeit

well i got my car tuned and went to do a pull for infamous and it slippied just a lil bit, so im wondering if any one has any advice on clutches that i should go with, i seen act clutches but they are too expensive for me especially around this time of year. i was looking at spec but havent seen any reviews on the spec,i heard that exedy clutches arent so good, im not sure of any other cluthes for subaru that are best bang for the buck. i have the following mods and dont look to go any further then this beside a fmic possibly:

mods:

cobb catted dp

gutted up

perrin catback

grimmspeed ebcs

perrin drop in filter

infamous 93 tune

I'm not worried bout labor cus I'm doin the work, its easier when your a mechanic. Is act worth 700? I don't need a puck design do I? I want something streetable. I have past experience with spec as I had one in my mustang but how do you like your spec so far after the problems qikslvr?

I have intake/up pipe/down pipe/catback/TMIC/Pulley with a stage 2 93 octane TDC tune. And with that setup I was starting to slip especially when cold outside. Once I added the ACT I had no more issues with slipping and love the added grip compaired to very little increase in pedal effort.

I'm not worried bout labor cus I'm doin the work, its easier when your a mechanic. Is act worth 700? I don't need a puck design do I? I want something streetable. I have past experience with spec as I had one in my mustang but how do you like your spec so far after the problems qikslvr?

The issue's I had have become pretty much standard with the aftermaket clutchs. I've walked several people with different brand setups through adjusting the clutch pedal throw and the TOB squeal fix. Once you get them quieted down it's all good. It may have been different if I stayed with the stock flywheel(yes, the SPEC clutches fit the OE LGT flywheel).

So far, my clutch has held up great for 30K+ miles with power levels up to 350whp. I won't lie; it gets a little tempermental now and then in heavy traffic, but for the most part it's been great and has performed exactly as expected at the track and on the street. When I have to do another clutch I'll probably go back to the stock flywheel to kill some gear noise but I'll keep the clutch setup.

Let's kick this pig!

Archived