LegacyGT.com

07 legacy 2.5i suspension question

vomplegacy

So i am going to buy a 2007 2.5i and want to lower it but everything seems to just say GT for the springs. Are the 2.5i and the GT the same springs or are they different? I don't care about ride quality in the least bit. I have my Transam on all solid motor and trans mounts and its fine to me. I'm looking at the 2.5i instead of the GT because i don't need another fast car, i already have 2 others and just looking for a winter car. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance.

If you want the 2.5i, have at it. There are a lot of fun mods you can do. Everything suspension related(except the front sway bar) is interchangeable. Have fun with it! I'm running Swift springs and Koni inserts for example.

By the way, a warm welcome to the site!

Here is a thread to give you some ideas:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115322

So what are opinions about lowering springs, i was looking to keep the factory struts if possible and was looking at the tein s springs or the cobb ones. any differences in ride quality? im looking to get better turning and looks out of it but not lose a whole lot of ride quality. Also, what about rear sway bars?

If you're keeping stock struts I would NOT get the Tein S Tech. It lowers the car too much, the stock struts will blow really soon and ride like $hit. I would suggest Rallitek as well. I'm using Vogtland springs myself on stock struts for 1.5 years now with no complaints. It's a little bouncier over bumps but that's because stock struts suck, will be replaced with Koni later. Otherwise it rides like stock while eliminating a bit of pitch/dive/body roll.

Sway bars dont effect ride quality unless you're going over uneven surfaces.

i agree with tein s-techs being unsuitable for this application, i would recommend the tein h-techs, i had them for a bit and they were decent for what it was. where do you live? and are the roads well maintained?

but to be honest 40k on stock struts and then putting them on aftermarket springs isn't the best idea...i don't know how much longer they would last. i'd recommend getting the koni inserts or even a set of entry level coilovers

ok i guess im just going to have to think about how much im willing to spend on this car, it is my daily driver but not my project car. so maybe since the stock shocks blow so much, you guys basically are saying to change out the stockers with bilstein or koni which seems to go about 600-650 for front and rears. Then if i want it lowered go with maybe the rallitek or possibly the pink sti?

for the konis?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35073

The front OEM strut is basically cut in half and the liquid is discarded, then the Koni strut is inserted into the OEM housing. This applies only to the front struts, the rears are replaced completely. There are pics on nasioc also, can't seem to find them. Maybe there is a link to them in the link included above.

Archived