LegacyGT.com

What do you think of the Legacy's aftermarket potential?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with Franz, just make sure everything is alright on those fronts. By looking at the site, looks like you could do very well, especially if you have a good availability of hard to find JDM and other parts. I'm liking the overall selection so far.

[url]http://www.kingofimports.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=55&idproduct=114[/url] [img]http://www.kingofimports.com/ProductCart/pc/catalog/rays%2017.jpg[/img] Awesome wheel here! (let me know if we should remove this hotlink ;)) I thought you would like the pic here, for "conversational" purposes.

They have a mix of rays and BBS, sometimes hard to remember which is which. :P You're right, good call. That doesn't negate the fact they're darn expensive! :lol: But it is a nice looking, likely very strong, and relatively light wheel. :)

That's okay, that's what we have two for. ;) I'll just take Ross's Left Arm, Right Leg (so he's off balance), and first born for those. I'd say I'd have a small price to pay in essence. ;) I'm really thinking I'd like a Prodrive Dual Muffler Catback or Bosal/SPT setup the more I think about it. Something that looks stock or even a little more euro-esque with nice oval cutback tips while sounding deeper. ;)

[quote name='SUBE555']I'm really thinking I'd like a Prodrive Dual Muffler Catback or Bosal/SPT setup the more I think about it. Something that looks stock or even a little more euro-esque with nice oval cutback tips while sounding deeper. ;)[/quote] Are those actually available? If so, do you have some links w/ pics? Or are you saying you want something [b][i]like[/i][/b] those?

[quote name='SUBE555']I'm just referencing how well their products are for the WRX in sound, performance potential, look, price isn't too bad, etc. No pics so far.[/quote] Dang... just when I thought I was going to be able to scratch my mod itch. :)

imho there will be a big enough demand for aftermarket parts to warrant businesses to start carrying a small inventory for this. especially after a year or so when they start popping up used. Ive been waiting a looong time for a decent sized 4 door to replace , hmm, no, park next to my gvr4. lotsa people simply dont buy the wrx/evo/srt4/etc because of practicality issues, and an m5/rs6 is slightly out of my price range. im sure they will jump all over this one (i know I am) and will want some go fast parts. (or look pretty parts if your into that.)

I dont know yet, I know it allready has more then enough power to be one, with some suspension mods im sure it would be tons of fun rallying, I just have no idea where to start as far as 'signing up' for such events. I will definatly look into it once I can spend some time playing with it (modding a daily driver loses its fun after a dozen of sundays hurrying to make it drive to work on monday :evil: )

With the GT's unique exhaust mani, turbo, ic, and intake mani doing engine upgrades is probably going to be an all or nothing affair. You're not just going to be able do bolt on's one at time and tune in between like Impreza family. I wonder if the demand here will support that extensive a set of mods. Scott

What I personally want is a carbon fiber hood. The 2.5i doesn't come with a hood scoop, so there would be a big market for both the GT and 2.5i if you make a CF hood with a scoop. I'm sure everyone in the world is going to make lowering springs, but hopefully we'll see aftermarket struts and shocks and perhaps coil overs. Big Brake kit anyone? You companies out there...you should know that there is talk about the 2.5GT on EVERY car forum, in addition to just about every big forum. People seem to be more in love with this car than they ever were with the WRX and even STi

there's atleast 150+ hp to be had (and 1000's of dollars to be spent) on any turbo car before you even have to/should concider a turbo upgrade. gauges, plugs, wires, intake, intake manifold, boost controler, fuel control (pump/regulator/rail), exhaust, safc II/chip/reflash, front mount intercooler, intercooler chillers, injectors, etc, etc. as far as plug and play, if you really 'need' to upgrade the turbo it wont be an issue :D

definately right vr4, as it runs nearly 1 Bar stock....effective compression ratio of about 15.7. Say you want to run 18psi, giving you about 300hp, you should go with 7:1 pistons. It'd be better to get a set of headers and full exhaust.

[quote name='vr4door']there's atleast 150+ hp to be had (and 1000's of dollars to be spent) on any turbo car before you even have to/should concider a turbo upgrade. gauges, plugs, wires, intake, intake manifold, boost controler, fuel control (pump/regulator/rail), exhaust, safc II/chip/reflash, front mount intercooler, intercooler chillers, injectors, etc, etc. as far as plug and play, if you really 'need' to upgrade the turbo it wont be an issue :D[/quote] No arguement except the point I was trying to make that these items are integrated differently than any others in the Subaru line offered in the US. And you would be hard pressed to get 150hp more out of the TD04 on my car. 7stars: I'm from your area of the CC. Scott

cool, scott. you surf out here? i almost had a heart attack when i read the legacy doesn't have rear fold down seats. i found out it does. a roof rack would ruin all the work subaru did to lower the center of gravity.

[quote name='vr4door']modding a daily driver loses its fun after a dozen of sundays hurrying to make it drive to work on monday.[/quote] Spoken like a truly experienced weekend mod warrior! :lol: [quote name='vr4door']I just have no idea where to start as far as 'signing up' for such events. [/quote] Try Googling "SCCA" and the name of your town or the nearest large city. Or you can go directly to [url]http://www.scca.org/[/url] and check out things there. Sube, do you go SCCA or is there another group you run with? I have wanted to get into SCCA SOLO II for the longest time but I am reluctant to get my daily driver on the track. I am WAYYY too competitive and I know I will push the car past its limits on cornering and ding/scratch/break something. :lol: I just cannot afford a dedicated track car right now... maybe in the future. <sigh>

I haven't run any SCCA events per say as the closest events are about 2hrs south of me, but I run with a couple of local sports car clubs and belong to the [url=http://www.fvscc.org/]FVSC[/url]. I do as many AutoX's as I can, but I haven't gotten my GT on the course yet this year, hoping she'll sell soon. It doesn't matter what you have, they're mostly all fun in AutoX. I know I wouldn't RallyX the new one though. Ice racing is fun too. :) Between the two local clubs, one offers AutoX and Ice Racing, the other AutoX and RallyX. It's win-win, especially when the farthest events are maybe 1.5hrs away. [quote name='vr4door']there's atleast 150+ hp to be had (and 1000's of dollars to be spent) on any turbo car before you even have to/should concider a turbo upgrade. gauges, plugs, wires, intake, intake manifold, boost controler, fuel control (pump/regulator/rail), exhaust, safc II/chip/reflash, front mount intercooler, intercooler chillers, injectors, etc, etc. as far as plug and play, if you really 'need' to upgrade the turbo it wont be an issue :D[/quote] Well, that may work for the older VR4's, but the newer turbo Subaru's don't require all that and you aren't likely to get that kind of power from not upgrading turbos. The WRX maxes out efficiency of the turbo around 280-285hp (reliably), and I'm sure the FXT is in a similar neighborhood, while I've head the limits on the STi may be around or a little shy of 400hp. By putting slightly smaller turbos on there, FHI was able to get better engine response across the spectrum than throwing a monster in there and wait for it to hit hard. Most people seem to want a more linnear feel and that's what they're generally getting. The general line of attack (without considering the oher aspects of the car including suspension, brakes, rubber,etc.) goes something like this: 1-Reflash (can get a nice bit of power without requiring any additional amount of hardware, plus the maps can be more efficient with additional modes like Cobb's Accessport unit) 2-Turboback + Reflash (maxes out either/both fuel system and turbocharger efficiency reliably) 3-Add Injectors + Pump + Larger Turbo + IC if turbo is that large Some of the things to generally avoid if you can with Subaru forced induction are: Manual Boost Controllers and Cold Air Intakes from several brands. They have both been shown to make detrimental results in certain configurations. Just staying away from them alltogether will help stay in the clear.

Archived