LegacyGT.com

What do you think of the Legacy's aftermarket potential?

A bit off topic but in relation to our last few posts: Is there any such thing as a "clean" sports car club/ racing group? I've been to a few SCCA meets and one of the local sports car club's track day events. Fortunately I went by myself. My wife would have been horrified by the language. These guys could have made a sailor blush! :oops: I'm looking for a group that is "family friendly" so I can take my 9 year old son and show him what Dad does when he is out "smashing cones". Anyone heard of something like that? Anyone? Anyone? :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I'm not sure about those others, but our club members try and be as civil as possible so everyone can bring their families. Every place is different though. I really think it should be a family thing. I know I would like to have my kids learn early and AutoX from the time they get their license to help improve reaction times and such and have fun and have a reason not to get into trouble. Nice to have the ability to have everyone be able to come out, not just a grown-ups thing. :cool:

Must be something about Texans (ducking and running). Around here the monthly Subaru dinner often includes wives and children. The SCCA Solo 2 (autocross) meets aren't a problem either; again I've seen many families make it a day outing without fear of inappropriate language or behavior.

Maybe it was just the maturity level/ age level of the groups I saw. Most of the guys were in their early twenties if that old. Can you imagine about 40 of the more, uh, outspoken guys from some of the NASIOC getting together IRL? Kinda like that. :)

Try a real track day. They cost more but it keeps the 'racer kiddies' out and the there are good facilities at many. [quote name='brady_bunch']A bit off topic but in relation to our last few posts: Is there any such thing as a "clean" sports car club/ racing group? I've been to a few SCCA meets and one of the local sports car club's track day events. Fortunately I went by myself. My wife would have been horrified by the language. These guys could have made a sailor blush! :oops: I'm looking for a group that is "family friendly" so I can take my 9 year old son and show him what Dad does when he is out "smashing cones". Anyone heard of something like that? Anyone? Anyone? :)[/quote]

[quote name='brady_bunch']Maybe it was just the maturity level/ age level of the groups I saw. Most of the guys were in their early twenties if that old. Can you imagine about 40 of the more, uh, outspoken guys from some of the NASIOC getting together IRL? Kinda like that. :)[/quote] Think group drive, ah yes. That's why the next will probably be a bit more hand picked for people to keep the numbers down and river maturity up. I completely agree with Chad, yes it costs more (not I haven't done it but would verymuch like to), but it definitely weeds out a lot of that shall I say, low-buck crowd. Our AutoX's have a few of those people, but in general, most people range from 30-60 years old. It gets better when the weather is cold in the spring/fall and only the die-hards come out to play. 8)

Archived