LegacyGT.com

Interior Dome Light

Mendozer

So the other day I noticed the rear dome light did not come on. Replaced the ball and it still doesn't come on.

I would like to check the fuse, but I am unsure as to which one it exactly is. Is is the "ill" one in the interior fuse panel (under the steering wheel)?

If I see no problems with it, then I'll have to move on to the dome light wiring. Take it out and check if the wiring is still attached.

If none of the above resolve the issue I guess this may be a warranty item? Would this even be covered under Subaru Warranty?

So, which fuse is the right one I should be checking?

Karl

So I pulled the cigarette element fuse, the "ill" fuse and the "lighting" fuse and all are okay. However non of the above specifically call out dome light.

Local Subaru dealer said it should be the cigarette fuse, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Does anyone know what the interior dome light fuse for a 05 legacy wagon is?

Any help is appreciated at this time.

Karl:spin:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem with mine was that one of the little switch inside the dome light was no longer completing the circut. I took it out, made a sample bridge out of a piece of metal, and re-installed.

Sorry, I never actually found out which fuse is the specific one for the dome light.

another problem I did come across, is that I had installed an LED bulb and it didn't work. In actuality it was working i just didn't initially know LED had polarity. So fliped the light over and voila, I had light.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

i'm experiencing the exact same problem that "blinger" had.

"my interior lights all of a sudden stopped working.

The dome light doesnt work, and the drive side map light doesn't work, however the passenger light still does.

strange."

Can anyone help? I'd PM him but he hasnt logged on for years. I checked all the bulbs and they're fine. Any help is much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having a similar problem. Dome light, both passenger and driver map lights, and center console cigarette lighter do not work at all. I checked all fuses in the cabinet and engine fuse box, and they are all OK. Anyone know what the problem could be? I'm in an 2008 Legacy GT. All other lights work OK.

• 2 weeks later...
How would that help since all fuses were tested and are all OK? The manual does not mention a specific fuse for the dome light, center console cigarette lighters, and map lights, so I'm wondering if this is even a fuse problem. Maybe the wiring in the assembly is faulty?

• 11 months later...

Might be a little late but for future people needing to know I have found the fuse. Its attached to the dome light, door lights, trunk and map lights. It's a fuse in the engine bay it's a 20 amp fuse closest to the front of the car. I believe it's suppose to be fuse "8" but I don't see a label on my 05 lgt.

I unfortunately found out the hard way when I decided to cut a positive and a negative at the same time. Hopefully my stupid moment will be someone else's relief.

Archived