LegacyGT.com

Great News! USA Rain Guards Are Here!

05 GT LTD Owner

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Ugh ordered them before i saw the pics 05 gt ltd owner put up... those look way too big, i think i might send them back (if i can) and save up for the jdm ones. Where can you get the jdm ones?

edit: I meant to say does anyone besides avo sell them? i've had great experience with avo but looking to pick them up cheaper somewhere else...

People with the JDM visors needs to take a picture from the same distance as the guy who bought the USA ones. THe cars and picture is small and you can say you have whatever on there and I'd believe you.

I've just bought a set of these and tried to fit them myself. What a mofo of an exercise. It's back to the dealer for me to do the job.

They say pull the door trim rubber down on each door...yeah right. Try getting the bastard back into its original spot correctly.:(

The instructions are a bit suss as we say downunder...not really clear at all but you can interpret.

No...not happy Jan.

I'll let you know what transpires.

Anyone successfully fitted a set themselves?

Rob.

Anyone successfully fitted a set themselves?

Yup. Fairly straightforward, if not a PITA. The rubber comes out, clips go in as shown in the directions, the guards go on with 3M tape, and you have to slowly get the rubber back in place. You have to sqeeze it and work it into the groove inch by inch. No cheating and pushing the whole thing up all at once. Once I figured out the right way to get the piece in the channel, it went fairly quick.

oh yea avs sucks ricer product why don't you just make them out of like wood our somthing hillbillyish style they put them on ford big f-250 f350 dully the jdm ones u can't really see so that what I want that my opinion;)

They have then certainly for wagons like mine downunder.

I got a Suby mechanic I'm friendly with (and dozen beers for the lads at the dealershio) and we fitted them correctly. Try moving that tape when it's stuck down.

Anyway they do look spiffy and subtle in a nice way. Not too ostentatious.:)

One thing that is definately incorrect in our fitting instructions is that the screw at 730mm from the front does not have a stopper they refer to that needs to be removed.

Rob

Anyone know where we can purchase mud flap/guards for the 05 Legacy. I drive alot of sand roads and need some that I can put on that aren't tacky. It would be nice if Subaru had some similar to the ones on the 04 Outbacks, etc. I check with my dealer and they said they didn't have any and didn't know it Subaru would come out with them either.

Anyone know where we can purchase mud flap/guards for the 05 Legacy. I drive alot of sand roads and need some that I can put on that aren't tacky. It would be nice if Subaru had some similar to the ones on the 04 Outbacks, etc. I check with my dealer and they said they didn't have any and didn't know it Subaru would come out with them either.

I know a few who have ordered them from : http://www.japanparts.com

Have you tried the dealership? I believe it's an option right now.

Archived