LegacyGT.com

subaru light up

ahhh, your a mindreader...i just thought of that same thing a couple of days ago...my next door neighbor has a 98 trans am and he said on his forums there guys that make the bird on the back light up with leds. im sure its the same concept. im working on getting a pic of it but this is the bird on the back bumper that they get to light up

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/bird_ta.JPG

I just saw a firebird today with the bird lit up in the back. For some reason I thought it looked like it was supposed to light up, like the lights came standard? But then I looked at the legacy, and thought "well, that looks like it should light up too, but it doesn't". I tried waving the guy down, but couldn't get him :( I'll hunt around any firebird forums today, because it seems like it's popular mod for them. But some subaru guy had to try this!

the website i get all mine from is www.superbrightleds.com their cheaper and just as good, and all the same products. the site is poorly put together though thats the only downfall, navigating through it is a bit weird but i did every interior light( dome, map, rear dome, doors, gauges, and hvac for less than 20 bucks

sweet. I never did get around to popping off the plastic for mine the other day, but it's definitely on the list. thanks new guy welcome to the team :)

I'd wanna find one that doesn't get too involved, like 630 leds and autocad cutting. psh. Still hunting for a legacy that has gone thru this, just to see what it looks like. there's gotta be one out there!

my next door neighbor is a genuis.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh262/Reaperunderearth/050.jpg

project takes all of about 3hours being patient and generous

i used

a rotozip - optional very high powered dremel

multipurpose rotary cutting bit x2

the clear plastic from a poster frame at walmart

privacy window tint from lowes - frosted glass

grey double sided molding tape - advance auto parts

led bar of your choice - mine 20 in multidance pattern

800 - 1000 grit sand paper

optional but a good idea to have it repanted afterwards

i got a completely seprate panel picked it up from a junk yard for $50

laid it down and strateled it to keep it in place

dug the rotozip in and slowly started cutting the C

once done with that i moved on

i found when cutting the A and O it is best to cut out the middle first

once youve cut it out sand all edges smoothe and you will end up with a tip on the inner parts of the A and O that will need to be sanded off

cut out a piece of clear plastic the size and of the word camaro leaving room to put tape

i used the poster plastic because its thin and very flexible

cover both sides with the privacy tint - it gives it a frosted glass look and will disperce the light better

tape the plastic to the back side of the panel be generous and tape everywhere for firm fitment

now for the inners of the O and A. place a piece of double sided tape on back and position carefully press from front and back to give a firm placement but without pusshing the plastic off the panel

for the light. depending on what you use it may require some fabrication

i was able to fit mine in but its very snug. i pointed the lights directly toward the CAMARO and used double sided tape to help it stay in place

friend of mine beat the back of the car flat till he had a good place to mount

mount the light and make sure it works before installing the panel

leave the light on while installing the panel in case it cuts off for some reason

then install the panel

ta da

i might have left something out or not been clear on something but feel free to ask anything you need to

as soon as i can get my hands on another light assembly for the back so if i screw it up i wont care. then when i do it ill take notes and pics. with the ground starting to freeze here i should start seeing some outbacks in the junk yard cause women especially lesbians cant drive at all. :lol:

Archived