LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

I came out to the car this morning the my beloved vbg1 was dead. No lights, no display, no beeps. I verified power to the sending unit and the display. I've sent an email to Andy pleading for help lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya mine is going strong after 4 years. I did replace the boost-reference line. The one that shipped with the kit had become very hard and brittle.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I came out to the car this morning the my beloved vbg1 was dead. No lights, no display, no beeps. I verified power to the sending unit and the display. I've sent an email to Andy pleading for help lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Let me know if he gets back to you. I have lines in my display again. Its happened twice. He replaced it once and now its doing it again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So I was lucky enough to snag one of these the other day and I just finished installing it. Unfortunately is seems like the OP's website is down and I kinda doubt it's ever coming back. I don't suppose anyone here has a copy of the user manual? This thing is way too fancy for me and I'm having some issues setting it up to graph boost.

I was thinking I'd have it and upload the file, but unfortunately I can't seem to dig it up. So do you have the unit installed and you're just trying to configure it?

I appreciate the search, I'm hoping someone has it in their download folder. Install and wiring was super easy, clearly a lot of design work was put into this thing. It works fine, displays my boost numerically, but it doesn't have the continuous graph of boost (Imo the coolest part). So that leaves me with a few questions.

• I'm able to cycle the different displays on right screen, but it's still not updating. Two of the graph displays are labeled "AP" and "BP". I'm guessing BP is "Boost Pressure" but I don't know what AP is for. Either way, none of them are updating. Is there a specific option in the settings that I'm missing? I'll try to upload all my settings in a bit.
  • I only used two of the wires (red - 12v on Ing, blk - Ground). I'm guessing the other two are for dimming and maybe debugging/serial. None of these need to be grounded or have 12v right?
  • It came with a bunch of audio, usb, and serial cables as well as a "aux splitter" board. I'm assuming these are for Air/fuel and oil pressure. Do I need to plug in any of these in order for it to work?

Best way to figure out all the setting is to mail it to me, and when I'm done borrowing it, I'll get it right back to ya

Seems legit